White Dwarf 486: Tale of four warlords

de Selby

Apparently WD has run an internal competition for participants in the next TOFW, provided you want to build marines (or stormcast).

Who are you hoping to see more of? I really like Joe Naber's Ingeniators scheme in technical orange, and Rhuairidh James's grimy Sons of Antaeus trooper. Also like Stephanie Burton's Star Phantom and James Ashbey's Templar. Would love to see an army of any of these.

Curious to know your favourites and also to know who is still buying White Dwarf!

Agree on Ingeniators and  Sons of Antaeus, but I admit that I'm a fan of lesser chapters so any of the successor chapters is above the 1th Founding ones (and Black Templars) in my book.

Would really like to see how the Mercenary of the Apocalypse force would develop. And the Knights of the Shrouded Skull have colour combination I have not seen on DA successors.

I would say that Ingeniators, Sons of Antaeus, Mercenary of the Apocalypse, Dark Krakens, and Knights of the Shrouded Skull are right now my main favorites.

Would also like to see what Chris Charles and Emily Ridding's marines would be for chapters and they are nice painted but as for now lacking in personality what I can see.

Edited by Gamiel

The Ingeniators stood out head and shoulders from the rest for me.  Great colour scheme and interesting background idea.  The Knights of the Shrouded Skull was also a striking colour scheme.  While I know it was James’ colour choice, I’m hoping that GW stick with this scheme going forward since the Chapter doesn’t have an official colour scheme to this point (as far as I know of anyway).   I also hope to see Charles and Ridding continue to develop their Chapters as both designs were good as well.

Of the more famous Chapters, the Howling Griffons, UM Tyrannic war veteran and both Black Templars stood out.  The use of the old BA orange/red for the Angels of Absolution was also a nice touch.

On a side note: I wish White Dwarf would up their paper quality to what it used to be.  Their current paper stock makes it hard to fully appreciate the pictures and artwork.