Ummm....anyone lookin' at Rapiers?

9x19 Parabellum

With all the plastic tanks released, along with the requisitve HSS etc, I found that my heavies were quite limited also. Running Leviathal also restricts heavies somewhat, so being able to mount MBT level weaponry on a cheap platform was a bonus - the grav cannon is 60pts on a rapier as opposed to 145 on a pred. You get two for 120 vs 275pts. 

I typically don't run into the issue of an overcrowded elite slot. My exclusive elites are either prohibitively expensive for value (red butchers), or it's considered waac if I bring more than one squad (rampagers). 

I love my contemptors, but it's getting a bit stale bringing them every game and I'd like to give my leviathans some more game time. 

@Gorgoff I entirely agree grav cannons are awesome, but the laser destroyer speaks to my soul.

If I can sell off some stuff I don't want I'd be down for building some more Rapiers and magnetizing them.  My old ones were either on Kataphron Breacher bottoms or Taurox Treads with my custom center-chassis supports.  Not sure where I put the pictures I had though.....