The Approximately Two Month Aeldari Hobby Project

Zoatibix

Going to build and possibly paint 1k of Biel Tan Asuryani.  Commencing on 1st April, as this may well be a Fool’s Errand.

Started collecting Eldar models about two years ago but obviously they’ve been sitting in boxes unbuilt ever since. This is actually the eighth time I’ve collected an Eldar army because I like the look of the models...but I've never actually gotten round to playing them. This started in Rogue Trader before the infamous WD127.

Plus, Craftworld isn't an army we see at the local club so might add a bit more interest.

Start by constructing models for a basic 1000pt list.

Building, magnetizing and making the bases I'll allow two weeks for.

Then play three battles to see if I like the way they play.

Next would be painting one batch of models to Battle Readiness per week...which as regular readers will know is hugely ambitious for me.

Batches are in this order:

Rangers 

Falcon

Guardians 

Wraithlord

Banshee + Avengers

Wave Serpent

Autarch + Farseer

This is practise on the easier models first, while mixing up types of unit.

Colour scheme is Biel Tan. Aspect Warriors will use the Green/White/Black to replace their traditional aspect shrine colours. But I’ll be playing them as Ulthwé as I think it’s a better all-rounder.

Okay. As a very slow builder of models it took me five hours to build the Farseer and five rangers. 

Anyway, another of my problems in getting an army built is that Inchange my mind on colour schemes after I have started painting but dislike mixed coloured armies (second edition Skittles Turanids left me traumatised)

So I am now split between BT or change to Iyanden. I have never tried painting a yelllow army, and have white Stormcast and Custodes. 

I also like the fluff of Iyanden. Been trying to draft Craftworld appropriate Aspects.

New picture upload is nice

In either case weapons would generally be black. 

Not sure about the Iyanden colours for the Spiders. Maybe do their bodies in Yellow and the carapace in dark blue? Plenty of places on them to put black and white accents.

FB98B548-125F-4734-9C04-A46EC396F6AC.jpeg

0D12434D-9F56-4B7B-8189-5772908DBBFD.jpeg

I'd go for Iyanden, it's not seen as much and always looks great - they should be easy to do also with the new, decent yellow contrasts - though it depends if you want to go back and repaint stuff. 

You can only go with your heart - what will you be happier with in the end, and Iyanden army or Biel Tan? You could always do the aspects i their traditional colours, then use them with either craftworld?

Fun with Magnets. Ended up being super lazy with the magnets in the body…I just drilled straight through them slotted a stack of four magnets into the gap. Stronger and no faffing. Of course, that might be an issue with Lady Autarch when I try to magnetise her banner / Warp Spider packs. Hey and indeed ho.

4284707A-0F24-4A81-B52B-3C767DC06508.jpeg

32C50BA3-0DE4-4E64-82FB-428FC70981F7.jpeg

A6716500-7D5F-4038-ACAD-96C08E0D5B3B.jpeg

ACA4CADD-4FB2-47E9-BFB6-0E9F3FB998F6.jpeg

Oh. And did some highlights on the Iyanden helmets, which I think helped a lot.

C64BE8F6-8509-435D-9FD1-0ABAE63A6E9E.jpeg

Finished building the Wraithlord today. Last time I built an Eldar Dreadnought it was metal and I was using epoxy resin! :biggrin:

Anyway, that brings me to 1k points of Very Probably Iyanden. 

Home to get in a few games with them and see if I actually like the way they play. If they do, it’s on to painting. 

70E78D37-EB6D-41B5-9EDC-478AD3417631.jpeg

Can't say the paint scheme's have helped me decide, you've done a great job on all of those models, nice bright yellow, then greena and white always seem to suit Eldar. The only weakness is maybe the face on the Iyanden avenger, but only as it's not quite the same as the rest - it looks like you changed your mind when doing it? It would look great either the same as the rest of the helm, or black/white like the biel tannish one. 

• 1 month later...

I have spent weeks dithering over this but a mate of mine was really enthusiastic about me doing Iyanden, so sploshed Contrast over a couple more plucky volunteers.

Very happy with the way DA is basically ‘DA OG’ and I love the Iyanden Yellow. Which is fortunate as I somehow bought three bottles of it while I was on painkillers…

Anyway, going to go with Iyanden but I’ll be concentrating on my Drukhari for a few months as I am still using the original models for them! 

IMG_4513.jpeg

Edited by Zoatibix