Can the same die be rerolled multiple times?

Go to solution Solved by WrathOfTheLion,

As far as I remember without digging through the core rulebook, a rerolled die cannot be rerolled further. So once an ability lets you reroll and you choose to do so, the result is the final roll. I can go back and look, but not at this late at night :D

I do know this is explicitly ruled on in the core rulebook, just not the exact location or wording.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

The other replies have the long and short of it. I think it's been a universal rule of sorts going back into the early days where a re-rolled dice can only be done so once.

Even the Blood Bowl Season 2 rule book points this out early on so I think it stands for all games.

• Solution

Now that it's daylight, I went back to the core rulebook. In the index, you can see 'Re-roll', which of course in the description has our answer, but the full rule is on page 200.

You can never re-roll a dice more than once, and re-rolls happen before modifiers (if any) are applied.

So basically, if you have multiple sources of reroll to hit for instance, only one of them actually matters.

Here's a variation on this that came up in a recent game.

I'm using GSC, with a custom creed that allows me to reroll any ones or twos when I make a psychic test. I roll a 6 and a 1. Using my creed, I reroll the 1, turning it into another 6, incurring Perils of the Warp. Can I use a CP reroll to reroll the psychic test?

Usually, the CP reroll would force me to roll both dice. But if I do, I'll be rerolling a rerolled dice. So do I just reroll the other dice, keeping the rerolled 6? Or am I prohibited from using the CP reroll at all, because part of the roll has already been rerolled, and I can't now reroll properly without illegally rerolling one dice twice?

We played it that I could reroll the whole thing (at which point I rolled and 6 and a 1, ending up exactly where I started; and then he denied it anyway), based on some quick feedback from my opponents' gaming group, but I'm curious to see if anyone could provide a definite rules answer.

(Incidentally, I lost the game by a distance, so didn't gain any untoward advantage from this particular situation.) 

I think since they refer to having to reroll all dice in such a scenario, the 'roll' being rerolled by the CP reroll is the set of the two. So in good faith, I think you could argue that you can't reroll each indivual die constructing the psychic test more than once, but then have one shot rerolling the whole set.

Unless there's an FAQ in the core rules, I could see either way being reasonably argued though.

13 hours ago, Rogue said:

creed that allows me to reroll any ones or twos when I make a psychic test. I roll a 6 and a 1. Using my creed, I reroll the 1, turning it into another 6, incurring Perils of the Warp. Can I use a CP reroll to reroll the psychic test?

As a dice cannot be rerolled more than once, I'd say that you cannot use a CP to then reroll the test, as one of those dice would be getting rerolled a second time.