What should stay and what should go in 10th?

8 hours ago, jarms48 said:

Taurox. Let's get rid of the redundancy and just go back to stormtroopers using chimeras.

I’d personally just open t. Prime up to everyone, the extra speed, and firepower mean it’s no longer redundant, more wounds than a sentinel as well.

the standard taurox is very underwhelming, especially without the command vehicle rule.

16 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Never saw Elysian drop troops in the 8th codex either.

There were still Legends rules for part of 8th I think. But yeah, they'd been dying a slow death for some time before GW officially pulled the plug.

19 minutes ago, Shamansky said:

They had their own rules in the Index: Imperial Armor.

image.png.6c5f6d4eb7493a7a5882a456d20539cc.png
 'Haven't seen' is not the same with 'not exist'

And that’s not the codex.

for most people if it’s not in the codex it might as well not exist, and it’s not something many are going to complain about as ‘losing’

I hope with the anti rule maybe we can get rid of the Anything wounds anything set up.

making krak grenades anti-vehicle5+
Krak missiles 4+ would go along way.

Along with equivalents in other factions

especially since all units can take krak grenades, with the number of mid-high strength weapons available to armies, you’re easily in Grenade range by the time they’ve killed off all your special and heavy weapons.

The only Mechanic i want to see gone is more a generell Topic rather than a Guard specific thing.

That Vehicals can be locked in combat makes them so vulnerable to chaff infantry which should not be able to do anything against a Tank.

GW has tried from 8.Ed to 9.Ed to midigate this with the "big guns never tire" but it wasn't enought, ihear Rumors that the currenty Guard specific special Rule "Turret Weapon" will become a generell USR in 10.Ed which i would love to see.

Better would it be to go back to 7.Ed or current Horus Heresy Rules where Vehicals simply can't be locked in CC

14 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

And that’s not the codex.

for most people if it’s not in the codex it might as well not exist, and it’s not something many are going to complain about as ‘losing’

Forum rules forbid me to say what i think about this statement.

The Guard really lost many in 9th. And i agree with sir Domsto: what should be changed is really not guard specific. Like those d6 shot and/or damage guns.

Edited by Shamansky

6 hours ago, domsto said:

The only Mechanic i want to see gone is more a generell Topic rather than a Guard specific thing.

That Vehicals can be locked in combat makes them so vulnerable to chaff infantry which should not be able to do anything against a Tank.

GW has tried from 8.Ed to 9.Ed to midigate this with the "big guns never tire" but it wasn't enought, ihear Rumors that the currenty Guard specific special Rule "Turret Weapon" will become a generell USR in 10.Ed which i would love to see.

Better would it be to go back to 7.Ed or current Horus Heresy Rules where Vehicals simply can't be locked in CC

I think they need to add some way to immobilize the vehicle on it's damage profile. These streamlined rules probably will not accommodate such a rule. Vehicles haven't been a highpoint for me for 2 editions now.  They're basically just monsters and that's very Meh.

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2023 at 1:10 AM, sairence said:

There were still Legends rules for part of 8th I think. But yeah, they'd been dying a slow death for some time before GW officially pulled the plug.

Legends was 9th. They had rules in 8th with the FW index. Had tons of rules in the old IA books too.