Imperial Fist & Sons of Horus Decurions

BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPP.

Article implies next week we'll see the potato-cam'ed Evander Garrius in full. 

MZbPQC1d4hPe08mh.jpg

6hNxsgUBTbLLMnqj.jpg

New rules in Campaigns of The Age of Darkness: The Siege of Cthonia will let you upgrade squadrons of Predators, Sicarans, Sicaran Punishers, and Kratos with these Decurions, who grant battle benefits.

Any Legion can take the Decurion Locus and Decurion Defensors. Decurion Defensors do exactly what they say on the tin – these Space Marines have extensive hypno-indoctrination training in the weapons of the Imperium and can order their units to use the Advanced Reaction: Point Defence and return double the number of attacks with their defensive weapons.

i2JPAiHZFMF6lwkk.jpg

The two headline factions in The Siege of Cthonia each get their own unique Decurion miniatures – the Decurion Lanius for the Sons of Horus and the Decurion Sagittar for the Imperial Fists.

The latter is armed with an Illiastus assault cannon and an augury scanner, with which they can pick out vulnerable targets for destruction. When their vehicle makes a shooting attack, they can choose to fire one defensive or pintle weapon at a separate target, with the added benefit of Skyfire or Precision Shots (5+).

b4u2Zc4KnZXbS64L.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal

Was anybody asking for these? Anybody at all? If one person was, then cool, this is a good release. If not...why announce this alone taking up a whole Thursday article? Why not beside the annoyingly redone tanks last week? I don't even play Heresy and I am wondering where are the infantry.

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

Was anybody asking for these? Anybody at all? If one person was, then cool, this is a good release. If not...why announce this alone taking up a whole Thursday article? Why not beside the annoyingly redone tanks last week? I don't even play Heresy and I am wondering where are the infantry.

Even 40k doesn't get weekly model reveals. The drip feeding is inevitable.

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

Not much point revealing something (infantry) they dont intend to release until later in the year, as you cant even buy the despoiler arms yet which are widely assumed to be a stop gap for the next infantry wave.

Edited by dickyelsdon

25 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

A surprise, but they look really good. I think there should be a generic loyalist and traitor version.

Well, we have the generic tank commander of actual plastic vehicles as generic option.

But, anyway are great. I think i'll buy the SoH. If the pieces are as I believe, it can be a excellent addition to my growing Veterans unit.

They don't wear shoulder pads. Curious, isn't it?

Edited by AGRAMAR

1 hour ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

I don't even play Heresy and I am wondering where are the infantry.

They're inside the tanks as crew :sweat:

Love the idea, hate the execution. The point defence one is...pointless as tanks can already return fire with defensive weapons - on a punisher I lose my 18 punisher cannon shots and hull heavy bolter shots to get an extra 4 heavy bolter shots from the pintle?

The precision shots one seems decent though. 

Edited by Xenith
Thought it said sponson weapons

You can still use a hull (or sponson) mounted defensive weapon, it just doesn't get the bonus attacks. Obviously it's of less value if your main weapon is also a defensive weapon due to  being S6.

8 minutes ago, Xenith said:

They're inside the tanks as crew :sweat:

Love the idea, hate the execution. The point defence one is...pointless as tanks can already return fire with defensive weapons - on a punisher I lose my 18 punisher cannon shots and hull heavy bolter shots to get an extra 4 heavy bolter shots from the pintle?

The precision shots one seems decent though. 

that's not quite right.

Hull mounted heavy bolter aswell as sponson heavy bolters are all defensive weapons, so in that case it would be heavy bolters worth of shooting doubled.

In the case of the punisher it is pointless tough because the turret weapon is also a defensive one irrc and provides more shots than 4 heavy bolters 

Oh sure, IF and SoH needed more legion specific options. It's not like I play a legion where I don't even have a single character model besides my primarch or an armoury selection that is basically pointless...

Afterall it's not like IF have a primarch, 3 named characters and an incredibly armoury as is, no no no sir.

Edited by Misterduch

At adepticon they revealed the new book that has a SoH/ fists focus. Valrak already told us tank commanders were coming, well here they are.

We also know that SoH/ fists are getting special characters for the new book - that'll be the next two weeks just in time to show the book contents before Warhammer fest hits.

I know we all want infantry but that won't be shown before Warhammer fest. Add in the fact we do get to see something every week which noone else does, I wish people would quit grumbling as much.

I turned to 3d printed parts for my assault marines and an inde bits seller for my breachers. Where there's impatience there's a way.