Imperial Fist & Sons of Horus Decurions

40 minutes ago, Shadowshand said:

Alright, so I have been getting into HH recently myself, and are those Huscarls for Imperials Fists that I saw?

Hurscarls? No, those are new tank commanders. 

Hurscarls are a terminator unit, with official rules but no miniatures yet. They appeared in one of the Exemplary Battles.

Here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#the-horus-heresy

Battle for Pluto and Exemplary Battles units update.  Two free PDFs

Edited by AGRAMAR

Pretty nice models - still wish there was an easier way to model assault cannons on my tanks, but that's neither here nor there.

That said, the focus on tanks makes more sense if they planned it with the upcoming campaign book in mind.

Edited by tinpact

So instead of making some generic ones, like the old 3-man set they used to do in resin, they make two special ones for the SoH and IF who have more models than some other legions combined and don't actually say if other Legions will be getting their own versions or not...

Quite glad I've already built some gunners and commanders for my own SoH and Ultras because, knowing GW, they'll probably be £20 each or something stupid like that.

Just realised I've been sticking the shoulder pads on my tank commanders, is that wrong?

I'm a bit perturbed that its looking more and more like 2nd edition HH is just HH world of tanks. I had assumed that the expected infantry kits were just held up.   If the actual plan is one infantry kit a year its not a good plan for me.

6 minutes ago, de Selby said:

Just realised I've been sticking the shoulder pads on my tank commanders, is that wrong?

I'm a bit perturbed that its looking more and more like 2nd edition HH is just HH world of tanks. I had assumed that the expected infantry kits were just held up.   If the actual plan is one infantry kit a year its not a good plan for me.

Yes and no. Logistically it makes more sense that the guy doesn't have them since they couldn't fit through the cupola. They could conceivably toss their pads up before popping out but in the midst of battle that sound inefficient. However it would appear that GW molding the details on the shoulders would imply they're meant to be naked.

Nothing really stopping ya from putting them on and no one ever really complains so no need to start ripping shoulder pads off yer models.

Edited by Spagunk

58 minutes ago, Imren said:

That assault cannon would have looked so much cooler with belt fed ammunition instead of those boring boxes.

Agreed, but I think belt feeds are more a visual cue for traitors than loyalists on the whole, so we might see one for Iron Warriors or World Eaters

27 minutes ago, de Selby said:

No, modelling them without is new. Tank crew have consistently been shown with pads 'til now.

Forge-World-Space-Marine-in-Tank.jpg
Grey_Knights_Tank_Commander.jpg

99120101086_BaalPredatorNEW_01.jpg

4 hours ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

Was anybody asking for these? Anybody at all? If one person was, then cool, this is a good release. If not...why announce this alone taking up a whole Thursday article? Why not beside the annoyingly redone tanks last week? I don't even play Heresy and I am wondering where are the infantry.

this is a pretty entitled perspective.

these are cool, no one needs to have asked for it to justify it's creation. 

Really nice details on the armour for both models, particularly like the Sons of Horus helmet.

Do feel that this would have been better with some generic models, especially with both legions getting special characters in the campaign. Or perhaps a legion like Iron Hands would have been more fitting...

Wow, the models are great, it's just a shame that their rules do absolutely nothing for vehicles. Theyre just preyed on by las HSS, melta dreads, and javelins. Not being fodder to reactions is their problem, not their output.

1 hour ago, Wispy said:

this is a pretty entitled perspective.

these are cool, no one needs to have asked for it to justify it's creation

You know what would be cool? If they released plastic assault marines and despoilers. Since people have put "new plastic heresy army" plans on hold since those didn't exist. 

Or, if they're doing legion themed resin characters, they could do the actual missing special characters and bring them back from the Expanded list. Raven Guard, Iron Hands Salamanders, and Iron Warriors don't have a single marine special character any more. The iron hands even got their tank commander character cut completely, making this release even more dumb. 

No one's been chomping at the bit for legion themed turret gunners. 

41 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

You know what would be cool? If they released plastic assault marines and despoilers. Since people have put "new plastic heresy army" plans on hold since those didn't exist. 

Or, if they're doing legion themed resin characters, they could do the actual missing special characters and bring them back from the Expanded list. Raven Guard, Iron Hands Salamanders, and Iron Warriors don't have a single marine special character any more. The iron hands even got their tank commander character cut completely, making this release even more dumb. 

No one's been chomping at the bit for legion themed turret gunners. 

the implication that you think its okay to drag discussions of new heresy reveals off topic everytime they don't announce something on your personal wishlist is a total drag.

Edited by Wispy

10 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

People do realize this campaign book is about the Sons of Horus and Imperial Fists right? Whining about them getting new models is pretty unproductive and slightly absurd. Anyway cool to see an updated example of mark 4 in the new style.

I don't think it's particularly fair to call it whining when those two legion's prior to these new models have far more unique sculpts and model support than any other Legion. 

Fists will have 20 Legion specific sculpts by the time this book drops with 9 being hq options

My Legion has 7 sculpts total.

These two new tank commanders could've very easily been two generic models one Traitor and one loyalist giving the less supported legion's new models to buy. 

If a campaign book comes around featuring my legion as a main player in it there would need to be 9 Legion specific hq models released for my legion to match what the fists have which let's be honest is not going to happen.