In Scale and out of scale

INKS

Let's pretend they are going to rescale Grey Knights to be in line with the size of primaris. I am not calling them primaris, but certainly GKs are small. What units fall into being too small and what units do you think fall into being within scale? Is anything within scale other than crowe?

How do the Terminators stack up to the new Terminators?

I'm pretty sure Voldus is taller than the current GK Terminator kit. Other than him and Crowe, everything is from 3rd/5th edition and probably needs the bump up.

I can see the Dreadknight remaining untouched, since it's pilot is in his child seat high up anyway.

Rhinos, Land Raiders, etc will probably go on sharing whatever fate the standard Space Marines are (though maybe they'll get a plastic GK upgrade sprue). 

I could see the shared Venerable Dreadnought being 'replaced' by a new Grey Knight-specific kit, at least if they just decide to upscale Grey Knights and not make them Primaris. 

Stern, Draigo and the Grand Master/Brother-Captain will probably get their own kit each. 

I think the big question will be if Strike Squads/Interceptor/Purgation/Purifier Squads will go on to share the same kit even if/when they get an upscale, or if they'll end up turned into their own kits. Same with Paladins/Terminators.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Appreciate the response. I want to start working on GKs but their limiting size always has me back off. I guess I could work on crowe and possible voldus to start with

Voldus is slightly bigger than the current Terminators. I’ve recently upscaled my army because I don’t think we’ll get new models anytime soon. I used Assault Intercessors for Power Armoured Marines and Terminators were stretched by cutting them at the waist, adding plasticard and then my mate green stuffed chainmail for the waist. Will need to get some photos but I think they work well.

I'd like to see those pics as well:yes:

For now, I've got close to 2000 pts of GK plastic and resin to build, so I'm holding off on any new characters that come out. I'll wait until new basic kits come out before deciding whether or not to jump into the new scale. I don't expect anything major in the way of a new range for some years to come. With any luck I'll be dead from old age before GW gets around to it:wink:

So, the question for me is whether or not to kit bash my pile into new scale or just modify my boys more modestly to just give them a more balanced look, Tabards tend to do the trick there and it's a lot less work... and I am lazy to boot... so, hmmm... decisions, decisions:whistling:

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

Voldus is only slightly larger than the other Terminators, so he's not going to be appropriately scaled to the new Terminators that will be coming out.  That means out of the whole range, Castellan Crowe is the only model that is right-sized.  I haven't added a single Grey Knight model to my force in at least 6 years, as the eventual upscaling of all Space Marines was heralded by the Primaris release.  Hopefully, we get a range refresh in the next couple of years.  Would be sweet to have a new Grey Knights army to match my all-Primaris Space Wolves force.