Rumour Engine- 11th April

Hope its okay to post this as I've not seen anyone mention it yet but this is this week's rumour engine, and I'll be surprised if this isn't one of the Nids we see in the trailer:

0s5zu3p6myJDghCw.jpg.eb612c888e64dca464db8e87bff4f376.jpg

though looking at it again, I guess it could be deepkin from AoS...

Edited by Xenith

33 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

It could be Idoneth but I think it's whatever these big lads are:

Screenshot_20230404_120917_YouTube.jpg

The smaller lighter coloured tendrils are the ones lifting up the bodies in this image and the larger tendril are the ones we can see

These are what I was thinking of at first

1 hour ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

It could be Idoneth but I think it's whatever these big lads are:

Screenshot_20230404_120917_YouTube.jpg

The smaller lighter coloured tendrils are the ones lifting up the bodies in this image and the larger tendril are the ones we can see

I think the lighter coloured "tendrils" are supposed to be smoke or other magic effect

36 minutes ago, Beaky Brigade said:

Deepkin do seem plausible though what about the psyker brain bugs from the trailer? 

Screenshot_20230412-094209_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.4505c192493bd9526307735e2d259b3c.jpg

Though frankly I find the idea of a bug that thinks offensive :cool:

giphy.gif

I was going to throw the vote in with the Tyranid creatures but I think the Idoneth Deepkin range would be a good guess too. I think I'd guess at it being Idoneth as well.

42 minutes ago, Beaky Brigade said:

Deepkin do seem plausible though what about the psyker brain bugs from the trailer? 

Screenshot_20230412-094209_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.4505c192493bd9526307735e2d259b3c.jpg

Though frankly I find the idea of a bug that thinks offensive :cool:

Hard to see, but im not sure the chitin matches. It just doesn't look like tyranids chitin. There's none of the typical claw/horns poking out anywhere, its not quite segmented in the same way, there's no lines across the chitin plates which tyranid chitin always has... Even the tentacles in this screen shoot appears to be ending in sharp claws. which we don't have on the rumor image.

While I agree with the Tyranids tentacles (usually) having the chitin and claw/needle things, and those hovering ones definitely have that too, the ones munching a spacemarine seem to have way softer and different looking tentacles than what we are used to.. it could be them though the smoke/hair throws me off. (for the record though, Starterbox miniatures have rarely if ever featured in the rumor engine, however, we have had a lot of firsts there the past year including resin and upgrade sprues.)

It actually shares even less design language with current Idoneth deepkin though (however there is some connect with the headgear design of the last idoneth release, and its generally not far enough to rule it out.)

My first thought when seeing this was chaos spawn, though I cant say exactly why, its quite clean for chaos mutations.

Maybe because it reminds me of this guy's armor a bit;

01.jpg