I recently read about the War of the False Primarch and thought about building an army based on them. The short story is that in M33 a "false primarch" appeared and rallied 11 chapters to his side, so the high lords of terra formed the "pentarchy of blood" to stop him. This battlegroup was formed of the most brutal bastards the Imperium could cough up; the Carcharodons, Red Talons, Charnel Guard, Death Eagles and Flesh Eaters. I've been trying to figure out an army list to work towards that can reflect the individual natures of these chapters but still work coherently and not just be an "alphabet soup" army.

Carcharodons - Raven Guard (possibly Night Lords or chimerical); lots of ancient wargear dating back even to the Unification Wars

Red Talons - Iron Hands; so lots of cybernetics and heavy weapons

Charnel Guard - Blood Angels; noted for lots of pre-heresy war gear and they have the look and smell of rotting corpses

Flesh Eaters - Blood Angels; raving psychotic cannibals

Death Eagles - Raven Guard (possibly Emperor's Children; noted to have normal skin/hair/eyes)

This gives me a good range of options including heavy assault, armor and blitzkrieg. So far I have tried a 7E list as Deathwatch with each chapter having a different kill team as well as a 9E list that gives more troops/options. Any ideas or feedback?

Screenshot2023-04-11160403.jpg.534768341760d0b15515258f5adce7de.jpg

Screenshot2023-04-11160421.jpg.15fda3ac824f0c7909ca21fa7afcc583.jpg

Do you plan to reprecent them in the now or as a force during the War of the False Primarch?

13 hours ago, Studio Silvernale said:

noted to have normal skin/hair/eyes)

Just wondering, where have that been noted? 

41 minutes ago, Studio Silvernale said:

During the War of the False Primarch

Two thoughts: 1) that's 5 M before the now, pleanty of time for at least some of the chapters (if not all) to be notably different from their current incarnation if you want to (like tragic-noble Charnel Guard and Flesh Eaters, Death Eagles in their old purple and white colours, Carcharodons  that are more like codex standard when it comes to markings and not so jury-riged, etc.)

2) there is a fanproject based on the War that have some precense here (look for #warofthefalseprimarch ) and have it's own blog that you can take a look at if you want to see other peoples take on those chapters during that time: + Some Things Are Best Left Forgotten + (warofthefalseprimarch.blogspot.com) 

Not only that, @apologist who is the mind behind the project has a War for the False Primarch Club right here on the B&C - pop over and join in!

Apologist and co's efforts are by no means the only or definitive way to recreate the setting of the war of the false primarch, but it might give you some inspiration!

I have my own force of Flesh Eaters, though they are modern Primaris as opposed to the Flesh Eaters from 5000 years ago. They are only delared 'undone by their geneseed' in M41, so plenty of scope to try different things with them. I've not gone down the berzerker route myself. 

13 hours ago, Studio Silvernale said:

I really can't find any place to post there

Here are the board threads, a bit inactive of latley since most of the stuff is hapening on facebook, discord and instagram (search for warofthefalseprimarch  and "Some Things Are Best Left Forgotten":

Of interst could also this thread be:

On 4/12/2023 at 4:36 PM, Studio Silvernale said:

I looked and never really found information about when each of these chapters "degraded" from their baseline.

Giving you lots of freespace if you want to to do your own take on those chapters, or just keep them as they are described as being in M41

11 hours ago, Studio Silvernale said:

Doesn't seem to be much if any interest in this topic

Oh I'm interested but I'm not good at giving comments regarding composition and troops. To my eyes it looks good but don't trust me on this kind of stuff.