How to kit my second DuneCrawler?

Bouargh

Hi all,

I come for advises or suggestions in respect of your view for tooling a second Dunecrawler.

I am building step by step a Skitarii force. So far I have:

- 2 Magos (one calculus and one dominus)

- 2 Engineseers (one with 4 servitors)

- 1 Archeotek

- 10 Vanguards and 10 rangers

- 3 Destroyers (plasma and flamer)

- 1 Dunerider, 1 termite (volkite)

- 1 Onager fitted with neutron laser and stubbers

I plan to expand with a second starter set to get 3 Breachers (probably with heavy Arc gun and hydraulic claw), 10 vanguards and the expected hot-topic 2nd Dunecrawler. Then 1 Marshall and probably a Knight (Warden or Errant, I am still undecided, but more likely Errant).

I selected the Neutron laser essencialy because of its outlook and to get acccess to high S weapon. But I am not to fond of its aleatorial efficiency.

Based on the rest of the army, I am unable to select for a second config that might complete and balance the overall army. I like the Eradication beamer look but it is another weapon with aleatory behaviour, which  is an entry barrier for me. While the Missile launchers+autocannons is nice, versatile, reliable, well fitted against MEQ and aslo open door to some AA, but for me it lacks of the wahoo-factor :banana:. Other options such as combined phosphor blaster or a second neutron laser looks like a little plain bland but who knows, I may be wrong.... I am often wrong lately...

The only thing I have clear is that I will get the pintle mounted cognis stubber... But it does not help in decision making, does it? :confused:

Any advices?

Thx

Magnetizing, or just loose-fitting the part or using blue tac is a fine way to give yourself options.

When it comes to actual table-top deployment I've only used two of the variations.

Neutron Onager: The gun is too swingy, I always feel like I've rolled one shot only. I wish it was set at 2 shots per gun. When the weapon hits it's very nice.

Icarus autocannons/anti-air build: Lot's of shots but it never felt that impactful.

I had my eye on the phosphor gun, it's str 6, -2 AP, 2 damage. That seems nice against MEQ, it's got lots of shots and respectable AP/Damage.

That being said, if you're going to run the Neutron gun, I would go a minimum of two Onagers with the guns. You can buff the shooting nicely, and two guns firing will offset some of the swingy parts of having D3 shots.

I've used the onagers in a tournament and they put in good work. I used the stubber on troops and the gun on vehicles or elite infantry.