Better Late Than Never

Lork

Should have done this awhile ago and don't recall why I didn't.  Got into the hobby during the beginning of COVID, but I actually painted my first Space Marine as an Ultramarine in the early 2000s with the help of a How To Paint Citadel Miniatures book.  This has very rapidly become my favorite hobby/obsession.  I love the depth, complexity and multi-faceted aspects of 40K.  I find painting while listening to HH audio books to be extremely therapeutic.  I currently have around 800 hundred points in Black Templars and the command edition Necrons painted along with large corresponding piles of shame. I visit Warhammer Community and B&C routinely and am very excited for 10th edition.  I play 40K and Kill Team with a handful of players about once a month, but would like to start playing at local game shops and eventually tournaments.  The only thing I find that I dislike about the hobby is cleaning the mold lines and creating sub-assemblies for terrain.       

I plan on painting my BTs to a pretty wide and varied range.  As of yet I’d probably build up my Necron pile of shame and then a Tyranid army based off the 10th edition launch box before I started a new SM chapter.  I’d concentrate on the HH box set as far as new chapters go.  Definitely a HH World Eaters army and maybe Alpha Legion or a more "loyalist" aligned army for fluff reasons for HH games.  Possibly Space Wolves.