Iron Within Warhammer+

Arkangilos

Not sure if you guys have W+ and have seen the newer Iron Within, but it is pretty cool imo.

The Iron Warriors show an incredible amount of discipline and some cool tactics.

If you guys have seen it, what do you think of the portrayal of the Iron Warriors?

Wasn't this supposed to be set in HH but GW said no and shoehorned it into 40k instead? I am pretty sure there was concept art with these IW looking like Legion era style wise. The current art is not as good with the added spikes tacked on. 

I didnt care for it at all.  The animation was too smooth and unnatural.  Marines looked like they were floating around.  Also, dark eldar just looked like regular humans moving around.  In the lore Eldar are said to be supernaturally fast and agile and this short failed to capture their speed in any way.  They also made Drukhari weaponry look generic and boring.  I got no impression of the horror of their weapons.  No poison, no agonizers, no exotic combat blades or fighting styles.  The jet bikes and raiders did not seem particularly fast or acrobatic.  Iron Within also had no story arc or anything of visual interest whatsoever.   D- imo.

TLDR:  Iron Within is not Astartes.  Paint models instead of watching it.

I really enjoyed it.  It had a few staples of 40k fiction:  The cowardly Governor, the stoic Imperial defenders, even a villain lounging in a throne!

The portrayal of the IW was interesting.  They were evil, but not sadistic.

My favourite aspect was that it showed how Traitor Guard are recruited.  The officers didn't set out to defect and had the best of intentions, doing what they felt was the right thing.

• 3 weeks later...