Regarding Command Staff

Personally, I recommend doing whatever you think looks best.

If you feel bound to follow some external source, however, the 8th edition Codex Supplement: Ultramarines shows the Chapter Ancient with no special trim color (i.e., blue).

image.png.749a2eb09a534bee13cd69537311549c.png

01.jpg

(the bottom image links to the 360o image at GW's website for a better view of the pauldron rims)

I think I did Gold on mine as that's the "default" color they tended to go with for non-company characters over the years. 

Plus if you 360 that Ancient he doesn't have Pauldron trim, he has a "flat" pauldron with.  The two Bolter/Axe Honor Guard models each have one Pauldron with trim, and it's gold.

Meanwhile the two Victrix Guard in the photo on the website have white Pauldron so it may have been ret-conned. 

The Libbies all have Gold that I can see - Its plausible Libbies are assigned to a company until they're Chief Libby.

the Primaris Techmarine has silver/steel/metallic - and like Libbies could be assigned on a company basis.

The Techmarine with Servitors (first born, artificier armor) also has silver/steel/etc pauldrons - but he's also got blue armor so who knows?

TF Cannon Techmarine also does Steel/Iron/Silver/whatever

Apothecaries ARE assigned to a company, the one on the website has white trim which was probably meant to be apothecary specific (and may predate the each Company Apothecarium fluff)

Bladeguard Vets have gold trim, and I don't know why.  Maybe they're Sergeants in waiting when from other companies?  But that's a whole new issue for Dark Angels then.

Newest Tiggy has Libby Blue Pauldron Rims.

Bobby G has gold trim on the pads, but its baroque enough I'm not sure where the ornamentation starts and the pauldron trim ends - i.e. The model pretty much dictated that.