We’re all mech now.

Splintering off from the main general transport thread to focus on discussion of our transports.

im loving that move and disembark is a core rule.

glad chimeras keep command vehicle

taurox getting move advance and disembark is also great.

transport variants of baneblades could be beastly now.

transported weapons count as vehicle weapons. If vehicles get to maintain that +1 to BS when shooting after moving there could be absolutely devastating results for the enemy.

my biggest hope remaining for transports is tha T prime is opened up to Kasrkin 

Some double melta/double flamer scions getting out of an advancing Taurox are going to have a mean punch at frankly ludicrous threat ranges. Even regular infantey will add some nice firepower to a transport. The no charging isn't really a downside for us.  

Bring on the age of Mech. I have up to 13 Chimeras and Taurox and I am ready for this. :biggrin:

25 minutes ago, sairence said:

Some double melta/double flamer scions getting out of an advancing Taurox are going to have a mean punch at frankly ludicrous threat ranges. Even regular infantey will add some nice firepower to a transport. The no charging isn't really a downside for us.  

Bring on the age of Mech. I have up to 13 Chimeras and Taurox and I am ready for this. :biggrin:

Now just imagine those same Kasrkin combos IF they get access to primes.

i feel hopeful about that since SM transports have had their restrictions largely if not completely removed on what kind of marines they could carry.

8 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Now just imagine those same Kasrkin combos IF they get access to primes.

i feel hopeful about that since SM transports have had their restrictions largely if not completely removed on what kind of marines they could carry.

In terms of firepower and loadout, there'd be little difference. Apart from the sniper, Kasrkin and Scions have the exact same weapon options.

9 hours ago, sairence said:

In terms of firepower and loadout, there'd be little difference. Apart from the sniper, Kasrkin and Scions have the exact same weapon options.

It will probably be that the major difference will be in the rules and something similar to the Kasrkin bomb will likely still be a rule on the datasheet 

13 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

It will probably be that the major difference will be in the rules and something similar to the Kasrkin bomb will likely still be a rule on the datasheet 

Again though, Scions can currently do the exact same thing, just with exploding 6s instead of auto-wounds. And with the strat capped now, as it should have been from the start, that difference is pretty marginal.

Not sure if I’ll go fully mechanised but I think a couple of Chimeras are definitely on the cards.

I’ll hold fire for now as I am waiting for the full release before jumping to conclusions.

Hopefully (like the Marines) any of our troops will have access to whichever transport they like!

2 hours ago, MedicMike0708 said:

Hoping the chimera top hatch receives “firing deck” and a long awaited return. Mobile command is good, being able to shoot with the squad inside is better. Amphibious was a cool fluffy rule, but almost never used even in the editions it was featured in. 

With the lasgun array I feel like that ability is already covered making firing deck unnecessary