Space Wolves Intercessors Question.

TK22605

Forgive me if this was asked, which I imagine it had been. It’s been a while since I’ve been on or played.

Why are the intercessors not in the codex for Space Wolves. Just started an army of them again but I don’t see any entries for either standard or assault options. 

Also, I know I saw rules somewhere for them. I assume I need the SM codex to use them. Which would imply they have to stay they way they are in the SM codex? No Bloodclaws air Grey Hunter options. Although, I have seen pack markings for both on them. 

I don't know enough about the current game to comment on Rules and such, but the modelling and markings I can help.

You'll see Assault Intercessors regularly with Blood Claw markings as, lore-wise, it is most likely (even if GW have not explicitly stated it YET) that the SW won't be changing their training and advancement doctrine for Primaris, so it's likely that Intercessor squads will use Grey Hunters, Aggressors will use Long Fangs. Look at their battlefield role and equipment, their markings will be consistent between the First-born and Primaris units. 

20 minutes ago, TK22605 said:

Forgive me if this was asked, which I imagine it had been. It’s been a while since I’ve been on or played.

Why are the intercessors not in the codex for Space Wolves. Just started an army of them again but I don’t see any entries for either standard or assault options. 

Also, I know I saw rules somewhere for them. I assume I need the SM codex to use them. Which would imply they have to stay they way they are in the SM codex? No Bloodclaws air Grey Hunter options. Although, I have seen pack markings for both on them. 

The current Space Wolf 'codex' is only a supplement, and you need the Space Marine codex to use it fully. Yes you can only field Intercessors with the options they have in the Space Marine codex but, you do at least have access to almost everything in the marine codex and the space wold exclusive rules, units and characters on top of that.

21 hours ago, Casual Heresy said:

The current Space Wolf 'codex' is only a supplement, and you need the Space Marine codex to use it fully. Yes you can only field Intercessors with the options they have in the Space Marine codex but, you do at least have access to almost everything in the marine codex and the space wold exclusive rules, units and characters on top of that.

Thank you. Not sure how Games Workshop, or worse rules lawyers, intend the rules to be. I imagine only the options for the Primaris units apply even if they are Space Wolves, correct? In other words I can’t use space wolf items for them based off whither they are blood claws, grey hunters or long fangs?