Militia Infantry on 32mm Bases

NemoVonUtopia

I am considering trying an abhuman muster militia list using my beastmen models that are on 32mm bases. Is there a significant game mechanic effect for using 32mm instead of 25mm? Since the abhuman muster gives bulky(2) so it seem justified to use 32mm but I wan to make sure I am not overlooking anything.

I'd bet money they added those rules to take advantage of the beastmen models for kill team. Using them as a guide for basing and model size is pretty safe imo.

The only real game mechanic the bigger bases influences is that it's harder to get multiple models in base contact, which matters the most for Hammer of Wrath (another bonus you get). So it only really penalizes you, making it a safe option to go up in base size.  

6 hours ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

The only real game mechanic the bigger bases influences is that it's harder to get multiple models in base contact, which matters the most for Hammer of Wrath (another bonus you get). So it only really penalizes you, making it a safe option to go up in base size.  

Well, it's harder for blasts to cover more models compared to smaller bases.

3 hours ago, Fallen11 said:

Conversely, terrain may force them to bunch up more due to each model's larger footprint and be more vulnerable. In my experience the advantages and disadvantages are niche, marginal, situational, cut both ways and just not worth worrying about.

I guess I'd say just be aware of what you are doing and play appropriately - if you think your bases might be a bit big, don't use them to spread your units about to the absolute maximum to abuse board control, if you think your bases might be a bit small don't bunch your units up into tiny hidden clumps.

3 hours ago, Fallen11 said:

Yea ofc, as well as losing a bit of range/targetability due to the smaller nature of the bases; I mainly read it in terms of what special rules interact with the models.

And having said that, going from 25mm to 33mm will give the unit a larger footprint, and make it easier for Tyrant to be applied to them. So maybe a slight buff. 

I must admit I tend to go with what base feels right for a model - in part from size of model, or class of fighter. Like I tend to put characters on bigger bases, as that feels appropriate to their role, even if the models generally come on smaller ones. But others won't do that, which is fair. 

But anyway if your militia are more modern scale models, why not use 32mm? Anyone who argues about it is being a bit silly :laugh:

I think with militia, however, a big thing that will play a role is movement trays - you'll probably need them?