Wd 487 BT traitors?

Go to solution Solved by Nephaston,

Hi. I was just leafing through wd487 and there is a red angel fluff section with battle reports. One of those speak of attacks by turned forces consisting of heretic astartes including black templars and crimson guard. :huh:

Was one of the bt fluffs not that they couldnt be turned due to their religious zeal. Or is castallan draco finally revealing himself?

1 hour ago, Urauloth said:

Don't have 487 yet, but I assume the BTs in question were part of Indomitus Crusade Fleet Quartus.

I haven't read the book, but Valrak did a video about how something angron did turned a ton of astartes, including Salamanders and Black Templars, to chaos through madness. 

36 minutes ago, Urkh said:

I haven't read the book, but Valrak did a video about how something angron did turned a ton of astartes, including Salamanders and Black Templars, to chaos through madness. 

I have read the book and

Its not the usual case of marines falling to chaos, but a supercharged version of Angrons rage reflected at them by a Psychic Beacon. It drove Indomitus Fleet Quartus into madness and Khorne worship. There are now Chaos corrupted Primaris Marines as a result. So while there are Chaos corrupted Black Templars, its through no fault of their own

Edited by Remain_Indoors

2 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Pretty sure there was an Ex-Templar Red corsair in an Inferno story years ago too? It was a long time ago though, entirely possible im wrong :D 

i remember that but i am not sure where i read that - or if it was fanfiction.

Sadly or not, there are BT, and many other Imperium armies (including Primaris,) that have fallen to chaos through Angron blowing up a world with the power of Khorne. Fallen to chaos is fallen to chaos…

I remember at least three instances in which the Templar found themselves labeled inappropriately: The Crusade of the Ophidium Gulf, the Wars of Apostasy (closely followed by the Vandire Crusade), and the War of the Beast when the Imperial Fist 2nd founding chapters reformed the Legion in defense of Terra.

Another point to mention is the continued strife between Templars and Inquisitors or others for not adhering to the Codex as stringently as other chapters.