Good day to you all

SpaceOwl

Good evening to everyone, I trust you’re all well? I’ll try and not ramble on too much so apologies in advance if I do…

I’d been interested for a number of years in 40k but my career didn’t always allow for the time to commit as I wanted to. After some major (mostly positive) life changes and quite a bit of research I finally took the plunge into this amazing game. 

Unfortunately not long after the beginning of the pandemic life took a bit of a different direction like it did for so many others and part of that period was loosing interest in a lot things including 40k.

I’m very happy to say that I’m on a much more positive path and getting back into things that make me happy like model building and painting is a huge aspect of that.

I’m hoping that joining a forum of likeminded people is the re-start of my journey into all things 40k.

All the best to everyone on here.

Adam (North Derbyshire)

On 4/28/2023 at 2:56 AM, Khornestar said:

Hiyas!  What armies are you most enthusiastic about?

Hi thanks for the hello. I bought the Dark Imperium set and a few other items. After reading up I really liked the Space Marines lore and in particular the Ultra Marines. I built and painted up quite a few of my models and still have quite a few to start.

Thought I’d add the models/kits that I bought/own for anyone that is interested. This was around March/April 2019.

Dark Imperium Set

Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought 

Primaris Intercessors

Primaris Aggressors 

Primaris Reivers

Primaris Librarian

Also bought the relevant accessories that I needed.

Id also like to add that my local branch of Games Workshop (Chesterfield, Derbyshire) was incredibly welcoming, answered all my ‘daft’ questions and got me involved straight away by having me and my wife paint a Space Marine which I could take home for free. I don’t know whether all shops are like this but my missus was very impressed by how friendly were.

I also went in for a painting tutorial session and an afternoon intro game, again staff and non staff were more than happy to help. 

I’m very open to any info and advice that people have as I’m basically starting out from scratch again.

Sorry for waffling again, Adam

Edited by SpaceOwl