Cataphractii lighting claws in power armors

Go to solution Solved by Grotsmasha,

Hello, I have a doubt. I lack if paired lighting claws for my SoH in power armor, but I have several Cataphractii lighting claws spare and, I was thinking, to use the in power armored miniatures.

The problem is the design. I don't know how to transform them, or where to cut. Anyone tried to do the same before? It is possible to "recycle" this bits? And how?

Any help, tutorial,... Is more than welcome.

9 hours ago, AGRAMAR said:

Tartaros' TLC are far more easy to transform. But sadly in my case, mine are all in good use...

If you don't mind additional expenditure, Bitz Box have the lightning claws up for 50p per claw (and have ~30 pairs available), and 60p per powerfist arm (~10 available), which works out to about £2.20/marine - I don't know if the ease of conversion is worth it?

• Solution

So my first thought was just to trim the shoulder down to accommodate at Terminator / Gravis shoulder pad, which worked, but only ofr the straighter arms and not the really bent ones,

PSX_20230429_145051.jpg

PSX_20230429_145106.jpg

So my second thought was to more aggressively trim the top of the Cataphractii arm and just add a new shoulder, which works for both bent and straight arms, I tried with both power armour arms/pads, and terminator arms/pads, The trick ended up being to glue the arm into the shoulder pad and then once set, trim the arm off level with the bottom lip of the shoulder pad,

PSX_20230429_145002.jpg

PSX_20230429_144938.jpg

PSX_20230429_145037.jpg

PSX_20230429_145024.jpg

and finally some pics with them poster-puttyied to an Art Scale marine,

PSX_20230429_145302.jpg

PSX_20230429_145316.jpg

PSX_20230429_145331.jpg

Hopefully you find this helpful.

Cheers,

Jono

• 2 weeks later...

I'd imagine if you had Powerfist arms for primaris, you just cut the power claws right behind thumb, separating the front part of the hand from the rest of the hand. Then do the same to the powerfist and glue on the power claw hand. May need to do some gap filling depending on thr neatness of the cut.

Edited by space wolf