10th ed Leviathan Starter set - Tyranids

Neurotyrant and the Psychophage look fantastic. The psychophage much better than I thought it would from the trailer, I was expecting something slower looking. Screamer-killer is also a beaut. I'm not so sold on the Neurogaunts but rippers look better here than they did in that one glimpse we had before. Overall great looking set of models for the nids.

Spoiler

TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!TYRANIDS!

I WANT ALL OF THEM!

Not wild about the neurogaunts …seems they are adding in kits for things they could just be upgrading old models for. 

Rippers are very cute. Screamer Killer…I would have like the claws to be a bit bigger…but then I remember that the main reason for magnetising several of my larger Nids was so that they could be removed to get anywhere near the enemy…building…etc

I like the new big monsters. 

Not keen on the new smaller things…they’re just adding in new units that we already have stuff for. 

For example, have rippers so what will Neurogaunts do that they couldn’t have made Rippers do?

Are Barbiegaunts going to get rules that really could have worked between Bio and Pyrovores?

I think in a way being a Xenos only player has gotten me used to small model ranges, but most of them having some usability. Whereas over in AOS I am annoyed by my Stormcast’s bloated list of warscrolls. 

Edited by Zoatibix
Spelling

44 minutes ago, Zoatibix said:

Full box shot. 

IMG_4261.jpeg

The new box is a fantastic set :thumbsup: Though to be honest, I'm not looking at this as the next big box I buy, but as the next 40k Partworks Magazine Subscription I'll be getting :biggrin::laugh:

Tyranids are getting some cool models. I like the carnifex more than the screamer killer though (don't like it's head/face) and the venom crawler looking thing looks a bit weird to me. But I got to figure Tyranid fans out there are loving it. Should be easy to get their hands on that half from all the marine players selling the Tyranid half.

Everything in the Tyranid side is perfect or close to it, I can convert the few bits I don't love. 

I also love the new terminators and characters, Primaris are meh so I'll probably sell them off. 

Any speculation on price for the box? I'm definitely buying it if it's under £200.