10th ed Leviathan Starter set - Space Marines

9 hours ago, mecanojavi99 said:

Heavy Intercessors have access to 3 different flavours of Heavy Bolter, including Heavy Bolt Rifles which are rifle size Heavy Bolters.

Eliminators can all be equipped with Las Fusils which are rifle size Lascanons 

Eradicators are an entire unit of meltas, with access to Multimeltas and Heavy Melta Rifles.

Hellblasters are an entire unit of Plasmas with access to 3 different flavours, ranging from Rifle to Cannon.

The only weapon missing is Grav, which wouldn't surprise me if it was a thing in the future.

As you can see, GW has spread out the Dev weapons around into multiple units, why would they suddenly release Devs again after years of doing this?

Because GW change their minds about things as often as I change underpants?

12 hours ago, spessmarine said:

Pretty much, rather than the one-by-one monkey's paw Aspect Warriors refresh.

What's left? Grav and volkite? Gravitors and Deathray-ors.

Choomers. The really old and cranky marines.

49 minutes ago, Eptesicus said:

So the shootiest dreadnought is somehow the only one without a weapon on the top! Lol.

The easy to build Redemptor didn't have a top weapon either. It's entirely possible that if they release a multipart kit for the Ballistus that it will have a top weapon.

18 hours ago, Captain Smashy Pants said:

On the other hand, using the rules of WYSIWYG, I wouldn’t be able to field a Landspeeder using Stormspeeder rules as they don’t have the same weapons.

I don't think WYSIWYG is in the rules anymore, not since 8th at least. If you ran yous Landspeeder as the closest equivalent Stormspeeder, I think that would be OK. E.g. if it has a MM, it is a Thunderstrike. Assault Cannon and Heavy bolter is a Hailstrike and the Typhoon is a Hammerstrike.

1 hour ago, Emperor Ming said:

Crazy discounts if that box is going to be 150£:ohmy:

The rulebook, cards and marine half is prob over 200 anyway:laugh:

Auspex tactics had it as 75% discocount if you use full multipart prices

This is still a great box but the fixed loadouts is a bigger deal on Sternguard, Terminators, Dreadnought than likes of Bladeguard, Outriders, Hellblasters etc. Thats just for working out equivalent value/discount, not knocking the box

It's kind of funny - GW fixed the shrimpy leg problem on the terminators but then transferred that problem to the Ballistus Dreadnought. I still like the dread mini though.

I really do like the contents of this box in general. 72 minis - absolutely huge! Will I get it? I don't know. My current functional loyalist army is Dark Angels, which is all first born (centered around the two sets of Dark Vengeance models I had), so its of limited value for that. I was starting on a Primaris Crimson Fist army from various boxes from my Shelves of Shame, so these SM minis might be great there. And my son collects 'Nids (when he does collect), so that half wouldn't go to waste. If I was certain the shoulder pads were not attached that would probably move me toward buying for sure.

Also the first chance I get when playing my Death Guard I'm going to try to get my Biologus Putrifier into a dual with the Apothecary Biologis.

Do we have a rumor for USD anywhere? Given that exchange rates are all over the map these days, between the Pound and AUD price given, that leaves a wide range for possible USD.

25 minutes ago, Large and Moving Torb said:

Do we have a rumor for USD anywhere? Given that exchange rates are all over the map these days, between the Pound and AUD price given, that leaves a wide range for possible USD.

The closest equivalent pricing I was able to find was the Storm Eagle, which is £145 / $220. Since GW usually bumps the non-UK pricing, $250 seems a reasonable guess for now.

While I want to be excited about the box and in some way I am, I realise that I don't feel the need as I had expected. I don't play nids, don't plan to play them and don't know anyone who does. So I need to sell them somehow. Talking about the Marines they are nice miniatures for sure, but beside the terminators and ballistus dread I'm not totally sold. Guess it's a problem playing BA. I just don't see me using those miniatures in my lists. To make it even worse I already own many of those units. Terminator Captain, librarian, lieutenant, sternguard. It's already here. Nothing new about it, not even the weapon options. The flamer squad may be good, but they are ten mk X Marines with flamers. Nothing to get too excited about. I will probably get it anyway, but the 9th starter was on another level for me. Guess it's a big thing for xenos this time. 

I've never liked Sternguard, I already have a bunch of Space Marine characters, and I like big punchy robots. The only unit I really want out of the box are the Burninators to burninate the countryside and maybe the Terminators. The Terminators are gorgeous, but I imagine that they're going to sell quickly when people break down the box for eBay and the like. With everything else on my hobby back log, I can afford to wait for a multipart kit.

23 hours ago, Mr. Oddity said:

The closest equivalent pricing I was able to find was the Storm Eagle, which is £145 / $220. Since GW usually bumps the non-UK pricing, $250 seems a reasonable guess for now.

In the battle for middle earth section, they sell a bundle of terrain from osgiliath for £150, which in the US store translates to 245 usd, so around that, yes.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

In the battle for middle earth section, they sell a bundle of terrain from osgiliath for £150, which in the US store translates to 245 usd, so around that, yes.

Always forget to check there, thanks for the additional verification!

2 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

I wish the Pyreblasters were a little more than just "Intercessors with Flamethrower".

Even like, a gasmask head or something.  JUST SOMETHING, to delineate them being something other than "Basic line troops with a slightly different gun."

Oh well.

Get Infiltrator heads now before everyone realizes they fit perfectly once the antenna is trimmed off.

image.png.d864938e492a98126fec3e273296d063.png

30 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

They’ve sold other sets at that price, everything got more expensive, so it’s not entirely a surprise, not ideal but each of us will have to make a judgement call for ourselves.

for me, £150 is pushing it, but is also still within the realms of acceptable 

I mean I know they HAVE sold things at that price point, but it's the nutcases buying it at that price that causes the problem :P

It's a STARTER set.  It should be cheap.  It's just a bummer to see them get more and more pricey.  Indomitus was expensive enough as is, this is definitely going to be more expensive.

6 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

I mean I know they HAVE sold things at that price point, but it's the nutcases buying it at that price that causes the problem :P

It's a STARTER set.  It should be cheap.  It's just a bummer to see them get more and more pricey.  Indomitus was expensive enough as is, this is definitely going to be more expensive.

Yup, leviathan is 20% up on indomitus.