10th ed Leviathan Starter set - Space Marines

On 6/3/2023 at 8:44 PM, Matrindur said:

The Terminator Captain/Tyranid Prime will probably just be in all three starter sets this time.

The Apothecary Biologis, phobos lieutenant and Sternguard/Neurotyrant + drones and Screamer-Killer will be the Honored of the Chapter/Royal Court sprues this time which will only be available from GW directly.

The Sternguard will also probably be the only kit from that pile that will get a multipart release. no reason for the Apothecary Biologis, phobos lieutenant or Neurotyrant to get one and since the Screamer Killer is on the same sprue it will probable also not get one.

The Dread sprue could go three ways, either only for this box and get a full multipart release later, multipart release but also release the EtB as well or use the EtB version in the biggest starter set.

The Infernus Squad and Termagant and probably the Terminators EtB will be in the starter sets while getting a mpk release.

The Terminator Librarian, Von Ryan's Leapers and Psychophage can just be release as is.

Neurogaunts and Barbgaunts don't use the normal sprue connecter style so could be possible to still split up as their own releases since it seems they each are on their own halfs

I think the Termagant release will just be the one the Leviathan box with and extra sprue for Spinefists and Devourer as they all have sockets for the weapon slots. Units like Termagants, I think will benefit from being ETB.

2 hours ago, Flaherty said:

The poses are 100% set. Some models, like a Sergeant might get a couple arm/head options, but the posing is fixed unless you really want to kitbash.

I find the "No glue required" claim to be specious to the point of being misleading.

+ Some of the push fits are so hard that you'd be hard pressed to every get them apart once together. However, very often, the parts that require most pressure are subject to breaking or deformation. I generally carve away parts of the pegs to make the assembly process a bit smoother. Some are difficult to assemble otherwise.

+ The marine arms tend to go together nicely, but are easily jostled, leading to potentially scratched paint.

+ Some tiny bits, like the chest shields are a mix of both. In any case, I've never found a dab of glue to be a bad investment with these kits.

Have fun building!

Thank you all for the tips and advice. Hobby-wise it's great that they are providing more accessible options to newcomers, but I suppose it does make me consider waiting for something like a Battleforce that's more 'glue to fit' down the line. 

Who am I kidding though, my heart is all in on this big stinkin' box of FOMO:laugh:   

Edited by Plasma

25 minutes ago, Plasma said:

Thank you all for the tips and advice. Hobby-wise it's great that they are providing more accessible options to newcomers, but I suppose it does make me consider waiting for something like a Battleforce that's more 'glue to fit' down the line. 

Who am I kidding though, my heart is all in on this big stinkin' box of FOMO:laugh:   

Heh. One justification (if you need one!)  is that though body poses tend to be fairly limited in both the monopose and the multi-part kits, they do usually have different ones. So 5 poses from one and 5 poses from another can make a unique 10 man unit.

• 3 weeks later...