10th ed Leviathan Starter set - Space Marines

5 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Would really hope it just won't be the big 3.

It'd be pretty ridicilous to again take away our (BT) supplement/codex after less than 2 years when we finally got it back after going some 4 editions without one.

In a previus image we see the index datacards for the armys and in there are the Dark angels, Blood angels, Space Wolfs, Black Templars and Deathwacht as a armys, so you have your answer: we come back to 7th edition.

They said every codex comes with at least SOME new models, makes me think plural

Codex releases slower to spread the new models out.

Limited codexes this year = Warhammer Old World this Autumn

Glad the dread isnt festooned with stubbers, Sternguard being Primaris scale not Primaris is good, box loadout is meh though

8 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

I think because they have outright replaced the old Sternguard with Primaris versions, we can realistically expect the same to happen with the Vanguard?

think we need them to get Jump pack marines out first. perhaps a dual kit?

anyways, can't wait to see what codex time brings.

The box is massive! Very Impressive looking, I’m sure it’ll hook in lots of new players from the wow factor alone 

Overall i doubt I’ll be buying… The Terminators are fantastic and while I love the Sternguard aesthetic I’m really not a fan of the BG Tabard style or the new Combi Bolters… The MP kit should be a bits trove though so really looking forward to that! 

Dreadnought - looks really top heavy? I wish the Redemptor knee’s were more like the Leviathan as I think that’s the issue 

Infurnus squad - Im really not a fan of this Flamer style, they look a bit wonky! But I get the appeal of a 10 man flamer squad 

This isn’t a negative attack on anyone who likes the box btw the Primaris aesthetic just doesn’t always gel with me 

17 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Called it on the sternguard. Said all along that it would be primaris with some earlier mark bits included 

I wish they would have pushed it a bit more… One MKVII helmet isn’t loads of mixing a MKII or MKIII helmet or Older Weapon [Heavy Bolter maybe] could have been really cool 

1 minute ago, Nephaston said:

Specific article had some bonus stuff, turns out some double barreled weapons retain two shots while others don't. Who knew.

WMRA2wXBCnRCccy0.jpg

fgeCHmOFyq1IdxMg.jpg

Hahahaha.

"Rerolls are less often"

*adds in rerolls to dreadnought unit sheet*

I love GW.

So the infernus squad's weapon IS a pyreblaster

wonder if hand flamer and pyre pistol are going to be consolidated into one then?

Also, the article calls the sternguard's armaments "combi weapons", as do they the "auto-flamer" on the lieutenant. Really starting to sound like all combi weapons of all types are being consolidated into a single profile?

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

16 minutes ago, Wispy said:

they are clearly primaris, in mkX armour. 

Shouldve included quotes; they said Primaris scale (and have the firstborn weapons)

Depending how you look at it theyre either a direct replacement or kinda just upscaled. But they dont invalidate the old kit on the tabletop same as Terminator Libby

I'm actually kind of underwhelmed with the remainder of stuff they showed. The LT, Terminators, and Librarian were the coolest things but they were previewed way in advance so it didn't have anything left to blow my shoes off. Maybe if they did jumppacks instead of flamers.

Genuinely happy Sternguard have been brought forward, even though the models aren't lighting my world on fire.

11 minutes ago, Spyros said:

A year will pass until the possibility of seeing a Blood Angels codex. Dante wont have any new Sanguinary Guard to fly with him...  :sad: :facepalm: :down:

Think how us Wolf boys feel. We didn't even get an equivalent model to Dante or Azrael!

Edited by Wispy

7 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Shouldve included quotes; they said Primaris scale (and have the firstborn weapons)

Depending how you look at it theyre either a direct replacement or kinda just upscaled. But they dont invalidate the old kit on the tabletop same as Terminator Libby

This is kind of like the opposite of the new terminators - it’s clearly a Primaris designed kit but anyone can be in the suit