What will be the 6 BT stratagems in 10th?

Tokugawa

GW have already announced that in 10th the total number of stratagems would be significantly reduced(but number of universal stratagems increased), a faction will have typical 6 stratagems in total. 

Functions like launch smoke may become universal stratagem, and stratagem tied to specific unit/units closely would be absorbed into unit profile. e.g. "Fury of the first" is officially confirmed going into terminators datasheet. 

So, what will the six stratagems of BT do? How about your guess?

My guess:

1. anti-psychic 

2. some tools make your units move towards opponent(like push)

3. some enhancement to effect of chaplain litanies(like bombastic)

4. some buff to close combat output

5. buff specific against a nominated opponent unit, maybe character/big target only, since we won't have "Oath of moment" like codex chapters, we may need some replacement

6. some "flavourful" but narrow thing, weak, e.g. neophytes or LRC only

Those all seem reasonable, and probably what I would have put down as well. The strats we get are based off which detachment we take though, right? So while those strats could easily be in our "crusader detachment" in the index, once we get our own codex later in the edition, what kind of other detachments and strategems could be getting included in our book? I bet we definitely get one that is extremely anti-psyker, both in rules and strats. What other kinds of themes do you think we could put into detachments for black templars and what strats could come from those? Would vows be a faction rule? Or would our detachments be themed after vows?  We could get a lot of different kinds of strategems based just on how they make our vows/detachments work.

3 hours ago, Urkh said:

Those all seem reasonable, and probably what I would have put down as well. The strats we get are based off which detachment we take though, right? So while those strats could easily be in our "crusader detachment" in the index, once we get our own codex later in the edition, what kind of other detachments and strategems could be getting included in our book? I bet we definitely get one that is extremely anti-psyker, both in rules and strats. What other kinds of themes do you think we could put into detachments for black templars and what strats could come from those? Would vows be a faction rule? Or would our detachments be themed after vows?  We could get a lot of different kinds of strategems based just on how they make our vows/detachments work.

How about a mechanized strike crusade? In previous rules and stories, BT didn't specific emphasized bikes/jump packs/scouts etc, but had some innovations on vehicles (e.g. more meltas in 9th).

I dislike the concept like "Helbrecht's chosen" detachment. I'm afraid that would make our named heroes become much weaker in "standard" BT armies.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:28 AM, Tokugawa said:

My guess:

1. anti-psychic 

2. some tools make your units move towards opponent(like push)

3. some enhancement to effect of chaplain litanies(like bombastic)

4. some buff to close combat output

5. buff specific against a nominated opponent unit, maybe character/big target only, since we won't have "Oath of moment" like codex chapters, we may need some replacement

6. some "flavourful" but narrow thing, weak, e.g. neophytes or LRC only

i hope to god theres no unit or model specific stratagems, just have them as datasheet abilities or get rid of them entirely, make stratagems as generic as possibly if you're only gonna have access to 6 specific faction ones.

Rumor says "challenge" abilities would become an universal stratagem, which force opponent allocate melee attacks in engagement range towards a character of yours.

If this this true then "For the Emperor's honor" or equivalent won't exist.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe the last two strats would be to affect a Chaplain or an Emperors Champion and their unit which would fit with the theme of Righteous Crusaders.

One strat I would like to see here or in another detachment is one to get extra enhancements, im not sure how our relics are gonna be updated but I think that may be a way to represent all these relics.