Anybody made a custom base for Guilliman?

I got a RG for darn near free.  I don’t do Ultramarines but he’s a primarch and looks fun to paint.  I despise his base though.  It looks like he’s walking through a burning landfill.  Looking for inspiration for something that goes with his stance.  I want to do something besides a tactical rock.

With minimal effort you could repose the thigh, and open up a wider variety of bases,

On 5/2/2023 at 3:07 AM, Captain Idaho said:

Tell you what, I actually find him more imposing in many ways as he's standing taller and only a tad smaller than the original despite the scenic base:

20230501_180140.thumb.jpg.cc038f7d3b038bd0c011693aede1e2e2.jpg

He stands only slightly smaller despite such a smaller base. I like it.

BUT, if you're not up for a repose, and he should be standing on SOMETHING, then a regular opponents army could serve as inspiration. Maybe the back half of a push-fit Hel-brute "buried" in the base, or a head from an Imperial knight. You could even swap the weight onto the other foot, making Guilliman look like he is swinging up at a monstrous enemy.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:24 PM, crimsondave said:

It looks like he’s walking through a burning landfill. 

To be fair, that pretty well describes the Imperium in it's current state. :laugh: I'd like to see what people can do with the model, it's always fun watching creative people at work.

Do you have a primary opponent? If so, pick a model type from their preferred army and make that a corpse/wreck under Guilliman's foot/feet.

Antagonizing opponents through modeling is a time-honored tradition in the hobby. :wink: