=][= SITE MAINTENANCE COMPLETE =][=

Hello everybody,

I apologize for any delays we had getting it rolling, but the maintenance for the site is now complete, and it is back up. This has included multiple fixes for some various issues, as well as some improvements to the gallery and calendar features. The full link to the release notes for the Invision suite is here.

I appreciate everyone's patience.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Hello,

Invision has released the monthly maintenance update for May. As we were playing a bit of catch-up before, these ones are closer together, but we should be more on a monthly cadence going forward from here.

The maintenance window will be from 10:30 - 11:30 PM EDT on this Friday, May 12th, which is 02:30 - 03:30 Saturday, the 13th, in GMT. As this is a maintenance release, I expect it to not take the full hour.

Hello everyone,

The site maintenance is now complete, and the board is back up. The release notes are dynamically updated on the Invision Community website, but I've linked them again here for convenience. The site is now running the latest version, 4.7.10.

For our purposes, this has mostly just fixed some bugs as listed in the change notes.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

The site maintenance is now complete, and the board is on the 4.7.11.1 version of the Invision soffware. This upgrade includes both the 4.7.11 and 4.7.11.1 patches. 4.7.11 provides some changes for PII and account management, which you can see more details about in the release notes here, under that respective version. The highlights include requesting PII data, which can be done under the Security and Privacy section under Account Settings, as well as the ability to request that your account be deleted. 4.7.11.1 includes security fixes on top of that, which can be viewed in that entry as well.

Note that I'm unsure whether all these options are visible by default, although I know requesting PII is, as I have found the option after the upgrade. Please be patient if frontend changes or settings changes need to be made to ensure any of the other features are available, as they're only just now in the underlying board software.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

The site maintenance is complete, but I know I at least am having issues with the B&C theme, which through the upgrade is running into some error. The default theme doesn't run into these issues, but it isn't so easy to switch without a functional user interface.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but it'll take a bit longer than the expected maintenance window to address that.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

The theme issues may have been temporal, the site seems to have stabilized after a bit for me, so it may have been a caching issue or the theme not fully loaded right after the update. If you have any further issues, please let us know in the Bug Reports if you can, otherwise if you are having trouble posting, you can contact the administators directly here and we'll try to take care of it.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

To attempt to handle some of the issues with searching and activity feeds, we're going to shut the site down and restart it tomorrow between 6:30 and 7:00 EDT, which is between 11:30-12:00 GMT. This isn't guaranteed to fix it, although after some digging, I suspect the error to be with the board software and not the database itself. Thus, the next step is to try restarting the board application, to see if it clears a runtime error that it has run into.

This process shouldn't take very long, so long as nothing catastrophic happens bringing the site down and back up.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

The site should be back up, with some of the systems restarted. That doesn't seem to have fixed the issue, so we'll have to investigate another avenue at a later time to see what's causing the issue.

17 minutes ago, N1SB said:

Know I've been chanting binharic prayers as loud as I can to help, Brother. The neighbours are starting to complain though.

I think I've found what's doing it in the process of not succeeding this time, so we've got that going :D

I'll do a little more research, and I think we can come in for a second round later to address it once I get a better grasp of why a component isn't working.

I think I've fixed it. There's some background processes that need to run, so please give it a minute to complete. It could take 30 minutes to an hour to completely finish everything.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all,

As a followup, we're going to take the whole site down for a full reboot, vs a partial reboot of certain services last time.

This is scheduled to start between 1 and 2 PM Eastern US time tomorrow. I expect it will take at least an hour, perhaps more, as we'll need to do a full database backup before fully taking the site down. Once it has been rebooted, we'll then need to rebuild the index for the elastic search database.

The site will be disconnected during the backup, but not fully down, so it will take some time to do that.

Thanks for your patience.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Hello all,

The server for the site has been completely rebooted, and I've initiated the rebuilding of the search index. The activity feed and all should be available again, and hopefully this addresses the issue. If it doesn't, and the search index continues to corrupt itself, then we'll have to check out other solutions.

Hello all,

The September release of the board software is out now, and we're planning to upgrade it this upcoming Monday, September 11th, at 7pm EDT.

This should take somewhere around 30 minutes to complete.

Hello all,

The site maintenance is complete, and the site has been upgraded to version 4.7.13 of the Invision software. It contains some various bugfixes and fixes for other issues. The release notes can be found here.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion