Faction Focus: Tyranids

Lord Marshal

Sticky synapse could come in very handy. Suppose it might be overkill allowing it to be a culminative -1 for the shadow in the warp :sweat:

It's also more related to if the opportunity came to pick up another one of these glorious beasts from the next partwork. I said in another thread that it seemed some of the Leviathan box elements might not be worth duplicating.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Jscarlos18 said:

The new episode of Loremasters from WH+ mentions the Norn Emissary by name. Don't know if that means it will be part of the second wave for us.

It seems too much of a coincidence given it was talked about in leaks and rumours for months off and on. There's some artwork somewhere I think, looks very large.

0ee8e75d7ceafda75eccb83fd94d1210_133145.

Edited by Mogger351

1 hour ago, Mogger351 said:

It seems too much of a coincidence given it was talked about in leaks and rumours for months off and on. There's some artwork somewhere I think, looks very large.

0ee8e75d7ceafda75eccb83fd94d1210_133145.

That artwork appeared during the WHFests livestream, when talking about the Crusade book. I think that's just a normal Hive Tyrant, but I could be wrong. The artwork makes it look like he is hunched over.

1 hour ago, Jscarlos18 said:

That artwork appeared during the WHFests livestream, when talking about the Crusade book. I think that's just a normal Hive Tyrant, but I could be wrong. The artwork makes it look like he is hunched over.

The head crest is far too large to be a tyrant, and far too different from the normal blade crest to be just artistic license. It's defintely something new. Whether it represents a new kit though or just an artwork beastie remains to be seen.

21 hours ago, Jscarlos18 said:

The new episode of Loremasters from WH+ mentions the Norn Emissary by name. Don't know if that means it will be part of the second wave for us.

Is it referred as a hive tyrant or could it be something new? Hive tyrants are fantastic but it would be nice to have something a bit more like centre piece, swarms doesn't quite cut it for me. 

On 5/25/2023 at 12:16 PM, silverstu said:

Is it referred as a hive tyrant or could it be something new? Hive tyrants are fantastic but it would be nice to have something a bit more like centre piece, swarms doesn't quite cut it for me. 

"Relief finally came in the form of Solblades fleets carrying Valoris and the Custodes. Valoris engaged a colossal Tyranid bioform called a Norn Emissary. The creature was tracking the psychic scent of Lord Solar, seeking to hunt him down and assassinate him. Valoris slew the beast in single combat." Nabbed from a summary on reddit.

What was completely brand new when the Necrons were released that weren't in Indomitus?

That's a terribly clunky sentence....I'm meaning would a Norn Emissary be analogous to the Void Dragon or Silent King in terms of a centrepiece kit, and are we still expecting other completely brand new kits beyond what's in the Leviathan box.

Quite a bit came out after Indomitus. (checks notes)

new flayed ones

new Monolith

Canoptek Doomstalker

Lokhust Heavy Destroyer

Hexmark Destroyer

Ophydian Destroyers

Psychomancer

Chronomancer

Void Dragon

Silent King

plus a couple of event exclusive characters.

So I'd say it's reasonable odds the 'nids are in for further additions and some unit updates post Leviathan, though not all at once.

1 hour ago, Valkyrion said:

Again with another terrible sentence....how much later after Indomitus was revealed was the rest revealed? 

Different circumstances, most of it was drevealed by the release of the launch box, but largely due to having accidentally uploading images of it all to the new site.

There will definitely be more nids outside of leviathan, they will want to cash in on new nids players, plus do you honestly think Hormagaunts won't get a kit for example?

Also i think an important consideration is stackability ie ability for models to get into b2b in order to actually fight. Things like hormagaunts and genestealers really struggle with due to models and bases. Certain models they have been trying to increase base sizes with the models are  likely safer like warriors and fexes. Toxicrine being a very different issue...

I think we can be relatively confident they will stick to a similar model to indomitus for the leviathan release. Nids are certainly due an update to some units and there are certainly glaring omissions to their plastic range. I would expect at least:

lord of war

genestealers

hormagaunts

pyro/biovores

lictor/deathleaper 

shrikes

Plus a couple more things from left field. 

*shudders at the memory of Pariah Nexus and the memory of building flayed ones*

But yeah, plus having genestealers vs terminators be the 2nd kill team box of the season means completely new mold stealer with the terminators getting the update sprue. 

I'm hoping we're going to get new lictors as well with this refresh.

Didn't really expect it to, to be fair. They've got the Screamer-Killer for the powerhouse :biggrin: 

Technically I think the implication is that the Neurotyrant is a support unit (like the Neurogaunts). The Tyranid Prime is the "leader". Also on that subject, its been said that the Prime can only join Gargoyles and Tyranid Warrior units, but I can't seem to find his datasheet anywhere?