Looking for some tufts

Go to solution Solved by Firedrake Cordova,

A couple of years ago I bought some self adhesive tufts that stuck to bases - there were different grass colours plus red, yellow and purple plants.

I can't for the life of me remember where I got them. I've seen tufts that you superglue to bases, but these were self adhering.

Any ideas?

• Solution

There's a few companies making grass tufts, but probably the most common brand is Gamer's Grass - they do a range of realistic colours, plus a range of "alien" ones (blue, pink, turquoise, and orange), and availability is pretty good in the US and Europe. As far as I can tell, the tufts Vallejo sell are re-branded Gamer's Grass ones (although they're only half a sheet, but half the price).

Other companies you'll likely see recommended are Army Painter, Mininatur/Silflor, GreenStuffWorld, Tajima1, Geek Gaming, AK Interactive, and WWScenics. There's also a few sellers on e-Bay selling their own, and some of the model train companies (Woodland Scenics, Noch, etc).

I think based on your description, it's likely they were Gamer's Grass due to the "odd" colours.

Edited by Firedrake Cordova