Quote snipping

When responding to a long post, I often like to cut it up into bite-sized portions in order to be more legible. Unfortunately when on mobile, the quote tags are complicated to copy and paste, which makes editing such a post really complicated compared to what it should be.

Would some kind of UI system for cutting quotes into portions be feasible? Or at least an accessible option to view the BCCode tags on mobile (such a thing was possible on the old website IIRC)

Edited by Doctor Perils

Don't know if it works on mobiles, so apologies if I am asking your maternal grandmother to suck eggs, but if you quote the full block and hit the return key somewhere inside the quote where you want to reply...

6 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

When responding to a long post, I often like to cut it up into bite-sized portions in order to be more legible. Unfortunately when on mobile, the quote tags are complicated to copy and paste, which makes editing such a post really complicated compared to what it should be.

<<< Hit the return key here >>>

Would some kind of UI system for cutting quotes into portions be feasible? Or at least an accessible option to view the BCCode tags on mobile (such a thing was possible on the old website IIRC)

And...

8 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

Tadaa!

8 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

It will split the quote up for you.

Similarly, you can make a line break by using the return key, then hitting the return key again, and it will split it normally.

Does that help/make any sense? Apologies if I have misunderstood!

On 5/9/2023 at 1:04 PM, Doctor Perils said:

That _does_ seem to work, many thanks :biggrin:

I don't know if there's a way to mark an answer as "accepted" if the original post wasn't marked as a question

The Suggestion Box forum doesn't have that feature enabled because the "answers" are usually given by an administrator and we shouldn't be rewarded for those kinds of things.