Faction Focus: World Eaters

I really like the look of these abilities. Definitely feel like a weight of dice army and sneakily holding objectives even after death!

Needing a Triple 6 to bring Angron back has the potential to be a feelsbad but it's not basically instant guaranteed like his 9th rules

I'm surprised that they didn't think up 2 more blessings, so that you have 8 blessings to spend your eight dice on. 

Glad to see they get some ways to seep across the battlefield. 

Also, was this fact about transported units being battleshocked in the notes at the bottom previously known? I didn't see it in the linked article. 

** Note that you still can’t Blood Surge when your TRANSPORT gets destroyed – units forced to disembark when their ride goes boom are automatically Battle-shocked that turn.

OOOWEEEEEE I like it a lot overall.

Angron looks great! Those buffs are swell, and being able to give himself and other units those buffs in the charge phase is quite handy, especially for deep striking units.

I like the icon mechanic of being able to reroll the blessing dice if the unit is on an objective. I hope jakhals get that ability, too. 

I wish they’d shown something other than the lord of skulls daemon gore cannon, but there aren’t a ton of other guns to show off.

I am quite hyped on this preview. Looks like they’ll continue to be a fun army to play. Very much want to see juggerlord and eightbound rules.

I had hoped they'd make mention of "returning" units that were missing from the codex - normal chaos lords or an equivalent, warpsmiths, bikers, vindicator, raptors in some nasty khorne version, and yes some havocs a la Lheor's rotor cannon squad in Talon. 

I also feel it's a real shame they didn't add back in true grit bolters, nor take the chance to give us the churigeons who add in the nails to newer recruits. 

Overall, fun rules, and love the 8 dice, but still such a limited take on these boys, after the depth of the death guard release.

Jealous! They take FNP away from Death Guard but others get it... Liking Angron at T11, hopefully that means Mortarion is T12.

Berzerkers lookin' solid. I like the move after losing at least one model, and can even move into engagement range. I also like that it is battle-shock dependant, making that mechanic effect every army in some way.

Triple sixes and Angron comes back is cool. I just hope my opponent obnoxiously screams YAHTZEE!!! in my face like my 11 year old daughter does whenever they put him back on the board.

21 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

OOOWEEEEEE I like it a lot overall.

Angron looks great! Those buffs are swell, and being able to give himself and other units those buffs in the charge phase is quite handy, especially for deep striking units.

I like the icon mechanic of being able to reroll the blessing dice if the unit is on an objective. I hope jakhals get that ability, too. 

I wish they’d shown something other than the lord of skulls daemon gore cannon, but there aren’t a ton of other guns to show off.

I am quite hyped on this preview. Looks like they’ll continue to be a fun army to play. Very much want to see juggerlord and eightbound rules.

With how easy it is to bring daemons you can probably add a couple of the bloodletter skull launcher thingies instead of that massive tracked points sink

Fascinating how GW keeps messing the quick links to the old faction foci up while forgetting to update the up next. This time they're full size, note the regular size text on the bottom.

Screenshot2023-05-12at15-32-40Warhammer40000FactionFocusWorldEaters-WarhammerCommunity.thumb.png.bbcf4e20493b33a43d568fdabd1535bb.png

They just managed to update it. It's Admech up next.

Edited by Nephaston

5 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Fascinating how GW keeps messing the quick links to the old faction foci up while forgetting to update the up next. This time they're full size, note the regular size text on the bottom.

Definitely a bit of a mystery why they can't get the links right repeatedly.  

WE looking pretty great, from the little I know of them.  Angron resurrect on triple 6 is a little surprising, even if I think it integrates mechanically wonderfully - that's a massive swing later in the game if you manage to get that, which generally you won't? Hopefully it doesn't feel too swingy.

Battle Shock on transport destruction is another great tidbit.  Working this through and through the game really is a good thing, and it's much more appropriately themed compared to previous morale checks where it essentially did just represent fear.  I had always hoped they would move the mechanic more towards representing your control as a commander over your forces and their ability to respond/take orders as that's something that can much more easily be rolled out to all the factions without it feeling bad, and honestly they've done something pretty close to that so far.  

Troop bonuses continue to look good also, and not generally generic, but often keyed into faction mechanics (sisters, WE, necrons, etc) which is a great direction.  Give troops meaningful and fun utility bonuses and people will take them because they want to, not because they have to.  Bit tangential but, will be interesting to see if/how they differentiate bonuses for factions with a lot of troop choices, like SM.

8 minutes ago, Ammonius said:

How do World Eaters players feel about the change to Righteous Slaughter?

I think it's good as it gives other armies counter play to him.  

There's still a lot of rules etc we don't know yet so time will tell.  

8 minutes ago, Ammonius said:

How do World Eaters players feel about the change to Righteous Slaughter?

Well, it’s different. Preventing fallback is cool, but Angron’s increased toughness and ability to benefit from cover should keep him alive longer, which no fallback previously contributed to. Still, he killed most things he was in combat with anyway, so unless he was engaged with multiple units… meh.

Less control over the opponent’s army, but so be it. It’s a good set of abilities, so overall I’m happy with them.

31 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

I had hoped they'd make mention of "returning" units that were missing from the codex - normal chaos lords or an equivalent, warpsmiths, bikers, vindicator, raptors in some nasty khorne version, and yes some havocs a la Lheor's rotor cannon squad in Talon. 

I also feel it's a real shame they didn't add back in true grit bolters, nor take the chance to give us the churigeons who add in the nails to newer recruits. 

Overall, fun rules, and love the 8 dice, but still such a limited take on these boys, after the depth of the death guard release.

TS, DG and WE all lost access to biker and raptor units, reason unknown, maybe price for becoming independent faction.

36 minutes ago, Borbarad said:

Can anyone run the statistics on the options, pretty please?

Some of the maths is a bit convoluted but I can make a start.

Chance of bringing Angron back is 13% before rerolls

You are guaranteed at get at least 2 Doubles or a Triple every turn

I will get some more results once my brain stops hurting. :tongue: