Best weapon pairings for a Mortifactor and his Dread?

Cruor Vault

I'm toying around with the notion of a Mortifactor for my 3rd HQ in my Ultramarines Logos list.

I'm leaning towards a Tartaros Centurion with Twin-Lightning Claws as the base loadout.  Then one fist and one chainfist and two grav guns on the Contemptor.  Between the Grav guns and the Corposant stave the two of them should be pretty reliably shewing 3-5 wounds off a dread before the Dread's fists strike.

I was thinking lightning claws on the Centurion for when they're not fighting Dreads/Vehicles (he gets the stave for free, so he retains his other weapon options).

For determining majority Toughness or WS since each is a single model, I use the higher value for defensive purposes correct?  So the combined unit it T7 for rolling to wound?

I was wondering something similar. Just because my birthday was this week and I got a new Contemptor.

I was thinking to have a Mortificator with terminator armor (Tartaros) just to get +1W and let stay him with basic terminator weapon configuration (Maybe add an always helpful grenade arnes), because I plan to add a Mortis Contemptor with 2 Gravis Plasma cannons for eliminating infantry and light vehicles.

19 hours ago, Cruor Vault said:

For determining majority Toughness or WS since each is a single model, I use the higher value for defensive purposes correct?  So the combined unit it T7 for rolling to wound?

Yes, I think. If I recall correctly, you must use the most common in a group and in case of not a clear common, the highest.

Sounds decent! The dread only really has trouble with large blocks of fearless or stubborn infantry that he can't chew through, so the claws seem a good option. What is the role of the dread - fists seems melee, while gravguns seem anti tank?If you think you'll run into large blocks of militia etc, flamers might also be a good call. 

The only downside to a melee focused unit like this is having to walk them up the board. Because the Mortificator slows down the Dread.

Seconded to that: Is how you plan on kitting out a pair of Lightning Claws with the staff for WYSIWYG? It may be difficult to achieve your model physically.

My vote would be for a more flexible build than strictly melee. 

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten
Added thought

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2023 at 12:56 PM, Dont-Be-Haten said:

The only downside to a melee focused unit like this is having to walk them up the board. Because the Mortificator slows down the Dread.

Seconded to that: Is how you plan on kitting out a pair of Lightning Claws with the staff for WYSIWYG? It may be difficult to achieve your model physically.

My vote would be for a more flexible build than strictly melee. 

My thought would be a mechndrite with a tazer like end

Or strap the stave to his back pack