New Version?

Ganders
Go to solution Solved by Brother Navaer Solaq,

Hi,

With the incoming new 40k version on the horizon do we know if Kill Team is getting updated any time soon?

I recently decided to get into Kill Team after buying the original Cult/Mech box years ago and done nothing with it. I have recently bought the new core rule book and accessories pack but I don't want to spend anymore on things like the compendium or annual if it's going to be replaced soon.

Thanks in advance.

A new edition of Kill Team doesn't seem likely given the fact that GW plans a new season that will carry us through winter. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/05/01/where-next-for-kill-team-lets-look-at-the-path-ahead/

You only need the Compendium if the faction(s) you plan on using don't have updated rules elsewhere. The rules in the Compendium are really more "get you by" rules for factions until better rules for them appear later. The box [I think] you have is for the previous edition (assuming it's the one pictured below).

pic4230177.jpg

If you're sticking with either/both of the factions in that box, you'll need the Compendium for their current rules. If you're using some other faction(s), let us know and we can tell you which book you'll need.

Thanks for the info. 

As far as which factions I want to play, as well as the ones from that box I also bought the sisters novitiate set and I like to think I have enough models including primaries, death guard, sisters, oldmarines, demons, custodes and a few others that I could get a few kill teams made up. 

If the compendium can get me started on a few of those I'm probably more than happy to upgrade to the annual at some point.

• Solution
9 hours ago, Ganders said:

Hi,

With the incoming new 40k version on the horizon do we know if Kill Team is getting updated any time soon?

I havent seen any rumours of new kill team.

On other note. The wyrmblade in kill team annual is different from the compedium team. (Aka GSC)