I've been into 40k and Fantasy Battle off and on for a long time, although I knew about Fantasy before 40k (Bretonnia and Tomb Kings pulled me in). My first true exposure to 40k was Dawn of War 2 Retribution on the PC in 2012 and it hooked me. However, I've played only a handful of tabletop matches with my brother at our grandparents house in Massachusetts using unpainted ultramarines and orks years ago now. I believe we were using the Battle for Vedros box he bought. That is hitherto my only experience with the tabletop. Like I said, I've been in and out of hobby for a long while, buying some models here and there and reading up on the lore, but not paying close attention. 

But I've gotten back into the thick of it with the lore and game as a whole with 10th edition coming out. Additionally, I have the desire to finally play the tabletop properly. I'm currently building and painting Black Templars and Word Bearers. I thought it'd be a good idea to make an account on a forum like this to have discussion, find tips for painting, and keep up to date with game meta, although the last isn't as important to me. 

2 minutes ago, deathless31491 said:

Welcome! I was a big DOW player as well. Great to have you here. 

Thank you! I've always prefered forums and message boards like chan when it comes to the hobby as opposed to certain other sites. Although this is the first dedicated forum account I've made, I've mostly lurked here or there. I definitely think it'll help get to where I want to be. 

2 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Welcome! Always fun to have another Word Bearers player.

Them and the Iron Warriors are my favorite warbands. Although I'm primarily a Black Templars player by sheer number of models I currently have and am painting. 

Edited by Otto van Gerrig