Where's Lorgar?

Go to solution Solved by Brother Tyler,

According to posts in a 40KLore thread, he's rumored to be leading a religious revival in realspace. Did anybody get any of his flyers, bills, indulgences, lovespells or other promotional material? Below is the reddit post:

"The second 8th edition CSM codex mentions rumours of him leaving the eye and actively preaching the word of chaos at the head of a world bearer's host on page 40. I dunno if the tidbit appears in anything else though."

• Solution

Reddit is not a reliable source for information (though the quote isn't inaccurate). Here's the actual quote from the codex:

Exile's End

After the Horus Heresy's earth-shattering climax at Terra, Lorgar retreated ever further from the matters of the material realm, and went into seclusion indefinitely, cloistered in a locked sanctum on the planet Sicarius to atone for his deeds. As the 41st Millennium comes to a close and the Great Rift boils across the sky, rumours persist that Lorgar has finally ended this self-imposed confinement, and has been seen walking the mortal realms in terrible splendour, preaching the word of Chaos at the head of a Word Bearers force of shocking strength and conviction.

from Codex: Chaos Space Marines (8th edition)

It's important to note that at present there are only "rumours" of Lorgar's presence in the material realm. We don't have any reliable verified sightings. This doesn't mean that the rumours are false. More likely, this is just GW setting up the possibility of expanding on the storyline later.

In Apocalypse by Josh Reynolds, and set during the Indomitus Crusade, the main plot is about a Word Bearers warlord trying to make Lorgar come back  from his reclusion and unite the legion again under his leadership, because the WB are ruled by a Dark Council split between Erebus and Kor Phaeron supporters (He fails, BTW).

As far I know, that's the chronologically latest mention of Lorgar in the lore, so he must be still "meditating" until GW decides to use him again.

Thank you all. I marked Brother Tyler's as best answer as it also quotes the official material. I believe I have read Apocalypse... I remember the plotline. I have gone through several WB stories, the WB are fun with their exaggerated ways (though a favorite character was a DarkMech magos who absolutely idolized a WB warlord much to the latter's annoyance). But the whole Erebus vs Kor Phaeron situation is getting a bit long in the tooth for me, and I kinda lost interest.

Edited by EverythingIsGreat
clarify