Do we think that there will be a Master of Possession in 10th Edition?

Go to solution Solved by Doctor Perils,

Like it says in the title, do we think the Master of Possession will be in 10th ed? He was in the old start collecting Chaos Space Marines and Shadow Spear set but has never been sold separately and currently there is no way to get one from GW. I mean we lost the Greater Possessed between 8th and 9th, does anyone else think he might be going away? I might have missed it but I didn't see any mention of him in the Faction Focus.

There was very little mentioned in the Faction Focus, that's not a good metric.  I'm pretty sure the MoP will appear in 10th; it's a new model and it's visually distinct from the regular Sorcerer.  There's no reason not to include it.

Would be a sore loss. They haven't been selling him solo and he is not super distinctive loadout wise. Pact of flesh may have been too warped for this world. That spell broke more than one of my foes. Hope draining from their eyes as a possessed or obliterator springs back into action.  

I wonder if the black rune will survive?

The thing is he has the exact same load out as the sorcerer they currently sell (staff, holstered pistol and magic hand) so I could see them getting rolled together like GW rolled the greater possessed with the standard possessed. I don't want it to happen, it is just something I am worried about as GW seems to like to take our toys from us.

The model is on its own separate sprue, why GW hasn't done a stand alone release for it yet is baffling. I would hope he stays a unit (probably one that can join possessed now, easy to justify his move being the same as theirs since the model is floating around). I could see him sticking around and finally having his model released alongside the 10th edition codex. At this point it's starting to feel like GW just forgot to release him and thinks it is available?

Honestly I was impressed with how GW handled the Thousand sons losing the phsychic phase. But with most factions psykers seem to mostly be confined to a psychic shooting power. 

what I’m thinking, or hoping is they keep him but he becomes an elite character perhaps and more importantly he acts as a chaos apothecary for daemonic units (essentially integrating his Maelific discipline into his data sheet). 

On 6/1/2023 at 9:55 AM, selnik said:

The Master of Possession is shown quite prominently in the latest Space Marine Chapters faction focus. I expect they wouldn't do this if the plan was to merge the datasheets or scrap the MoP model.

dorUqEas97IscYD2.jpg

I doubt they'll axe the MoP but this image isn't exactly proof of his staying either. They're just re-using images to save time and money. That image is just the back cover image of the 9th edition Dark Angels supplement.