Leaks from DG index (take salt as needed)

Bulwyf

I got this from a FB DG group, reposting here:

From a leaker :
Noxious is now a reroll advance and reroll charge bonus. Also he has an -2 battle shock test for foes in his contagion range
Lov seems strong :Gives full wounds reroll to his squad
Also gives +1 to hit and +1 pa to all blast weapons in dg army where the target is in los of him
Can join termi squads only
(COMBO: 3 PBC LOV + NOXIOUS)
Loc is giving full reroll hits to the units he is attached to.
When he looses 1hp he deals 1mw to a unit in engagement range
(He looses 2hp=> 2mw, 3hp=> 3mw)
i confirm that dr is now a strat and costs 2cp.

If these leaks are true it means DR as a 2 cp strat means we will never get DR back as an army ability in 10th. We are a minimum year wait AFTER 10th releases for our next codex. But putting DR as a strat means we won't be seeing as a future army wide rule or as a detachment ability. GW has apparently decided to flip off the DG actual players by changing our army from what has always been to some bizarre debuffing army that is as  slow as molasses without any extra resiliency. 

I mean I can't speak for anyone else but I know I didn't have "DG are now Orks in power armor" on my wishlist for 10th edition. 

I remember Templars were called orks in power armor years ago.

2cp is painful, players start the game with 0cp in 10th.

Would any or all virion characters become lone operatives? If they only confer their main buff to the unit they joined, that would be awkward.

I'll probably just sit the edition out. I got boats, 4 wheelers, video games and other hobbies to hold me over. I enjoyed my time off in 7th, maybe I could use another break.

DG by far has had the worst faction preview (so far at least). Their army is going to suck and will get points drops at the first balance dataslate and will cost as little or less than regular marines. Don't care to play that army (and for me that means this game). I'm not about to jump faction's, I'll sooner walk away from the hobby.

Having to pay multiple cp just to get our previous army rules on one unit is extremely annoying 

I've been getting more into AOS lately once the new Harbinger of Decay model gets released I'll go full on Maggotkin as AOS actually shows how GW can actually do nurgle successfully showing them resilent yet able to hit hard at the same time 

Maybe I'll start collecting some nurgle daemons more for aos and see if they can work well or be fun to use in 40k

Edited by Plaguecaster

I've been joking that Death Guard are now just Orcs in Power Armor.  So of course GW gives Beast Snagga Boys a 6+++ FNP.

I think what has me so aggravated is that these feels like a very calculated de-valuation of Death Guard by GW.   I refuse to buy into a new Faction just to enjoy 10th edition.  

I quit playing after War of the Spider was rescinded… after that, most of the rules I enjoyed were gone and I didn’t like how the army played, so I sat out of 9th. It seems 10th is even worse for portraying the legendary resilience of the DG. 

I was hoping for a return to the old 4+++ fnp for regular Death Guard infantry; alternatively, making the DG crazy tough would also have been acceptable (T7 in the new 10th Ed system, maybe). 

We’d be better off putting our DG marines and terminators on 100 mm bases and proxying them as war dogs- haha.

Just kidding.

Kinda.

Edited by Azekai

On 5/22/2023 at 11:55 AM, Bulwyf said:

If these leaks are true it means DR as a 2 cp strat means we will never get DR back as an army ability in 10th. We are a minimum year wait AFTER 10th releases for our next codex. But putting DR as a strat means we won't be seeing as a future army wide rule or as a detachment ability. GW has apparently decided to flip off the DG actual players by changing our army from what has always been to some bizarre debuffing army that is as  slow as molasses without any extra resiliency. 

I mean I can't speak for anyone else but I know I didn't have "DG are now Orks in power armor" on my wishlist for 10th edition. 

While it's fine to lament the way our army is now, GW themselves have stated that future updates will supplant the Indexes, so having DR as a strategem now by no means precludes it from being our army rule in the future; strategems are tied to their "One In One Out" philosophy, so ostensibly anything that's "true' in indexes isn't AUTOMATICALLY true for codexes.

Just  the slightest glimmer of hope, I know, but some hope none the less.

This feels fake. Real leaks of this level of specificity tend to come in the form of photos or pdfs of draft pages. “Trust me, bro” Discord/FB/4chan posts of plain text “leaks” tend to be wishlisting and other forms of nonsense. But who knows. Hope you guys get something good that hasn’t been revealed yet.

Edit: This take seems to have aged like fine milk. Nice, Nurgley, 3 month old milk.

Edited by Rain

4 hours ago, Rain said:

This feels fake. Real leaks of this level of specificity tend to come in the form of photos or pdfs of draft pages. “Trust me, bro” Discord/FB/4chan posts of plain text “leaks” tend to be wishlisting and other forms of nonsense. But who knows. Hope you guys get something good that hasn’t been revealed yet.

We'll know soon enough. There's little point in arguing over its validity (or even its content) when that will be proven or not in just a few weeks.

On 5/25/2023 at 3:54 PM, Rain said:

To be fair, I took that from the most popular DG group on FB. I am pretty sure several of the DG regulars here are in that group and saw the leak and the comments about it. I don't know if it is true or not but it looks valid to me. Nothing is really that great so it rings true for it to be legit for DG.

Don't know how other DG players are feeling right now, but I am pretty disappointed in what has been seen.

We are SSSSOOOOOOO SLOW and appear to have zero useful anti tank.  There is naff all in flavour to the army now given most of the unique rules we once had are now gone.

Might just run my DG as green black legion with Abaddon.  Just made my son laugh as I said, I am just gonna proxy the army as Ultra Marines lol

Edited by happyslugger