Titan Trophies

I've recently painted an AT-scale Reaver in Night lords colours because, well, Reasons. Principally that one has served a long time amongst them and has gone native, so to speak.

Now, as all know the NL love their trophies and flayed skin accessories; but what would a Titan sport for the same idea? Obviously, nothing has a hide that damn big so what would be appropriate?

Or would you consider a Titan in dark blue to be terrifying enough already? :kiss:

There is no reason a titan wouldn't also sport such trophies, other than that they might think individuals are so far benath them and inconsequential that there really isn't any point in doing so.  Instead, they might instead want to display trophies of things that truly demonstrate their prowess, like the faceplates of defeated titans or trophies of that sort (which is what I did for my knight ravager).

I've put some trophies on my chaos knights - I'll put some links below.  Something like that might work for your titan, though getting them the right scale might be tricky, as you noted even if all the skin from 1 individual was removed intact (or stiched together afterwords) it would still be tiny compared to a titan - which might not bring the result you are looking for.

Anyway, the afore mentioned examples: 

My knight ravager

My knight tyrant

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

There are lots of megabeasts in the 40k universe – squiggoths, titanosaurs, bio-titans (depending on era) and so forth, plus the megasaurs and similar gigantic predators on Knight Worlds and Death Worlds, so you could do an enormous hide.

@Dr_Ruminahui makes an excellent point that trophies demonstrating defeated foes of suitable power are likely to be more intimidating to enemies, so parts of enemy Titans etc. strung about would be fitting.

Of course, if the intention is not so much to boast about one's prowess to an equal as to induce fear in the general populace, then I think it'd be more fitting to include scale-appropriate trophies – perhaps strung out/hanged individuals dangling from weapons or between the Titan's legs as a gruesome equivalent to moderati banners?

A similar but less gory angle might be to further stylise the Titan's decoration; refitting a skull-like face and making the trimming more spiky and (in the architectural sense) gothic.

As it's Night Lords, the obvious one is "victims" (although it's likely a bit difficult to source/paint Titanicus-scale humans), or a skull head?

Otherwise, there's the regimental banners of their victims, or bits of vehicles hanging from chains, etc (obviously, this has a similar sourcing issue).  Or you could also look at the standard "chaosification" of it by adding spikes, and chains? You could also make it look like it's covered in blood (e.g. around the feet)?

I like all these ideas.

In addition to the ideas above, I’d suggest looking into things like the design and architecture  from  medieval Plaque chapels ( which are very 40K at any rate ).

I could also envision setting up something like the AoS Flesh cart or the Bonreaper Harvester collection things on the hulls, displaying victims en masse 

Which could be something like additional ablative / spaced armor for Titans by everyone’s favorite war crime Legion standards with the “ bricks” being cages full of squishy mortals. Getting the scale right on an AT model is probably the tricky part.

6 hours ago, Xin Ceithan said:

I could also envision setting up something like the AoS Flesh cart or the Bonreaper Harvester collection things on the hulls, displaying victims en masse 

Indeed, I thought of that but as you say, the scale is the trick - a normal sized human skull at AoS is the size of an infantry model at AT scale.

Edited by Montuhotep