It's sadly that time...

Morticon

To all the awesome members of the best 40k board on the web,

It's with an incredibly heavy heart that I have to announce to my fellow battle brothers that, after around 15 years of service, I will be stepping down in my role as moderator of the Blood Angels forum. 

The decision is something I've been toiling with for a few years now, and is not something I have taken lightly. 

I won't be going anywhere!! And I'm not leaving the board or the hobby!!  But I'm so rarely on and even more rarely contributing that I don't feel I am honouring the role of a moderator or doing due diligence.  There were periods in my tenure where I was on for HOURS a day - unfortunately now, days go by without me even logging on - and I do not feel that is fair for the development and sustaining of a healthy forum. 

If memory serves, I will have been the 3rd Mod to the BA forum, and the fourth mod of the BA forum to step down - The OG, Brother Solar, being the first lost to the warp, followed by OwlandMoonguy and then Brother Jazzman. 

I don't want this to sound like a "goodbye speech" - because as I said, I do plan on hanging around.  But I would like to take the opp to  thank everyone for the awesome support they've shown over the years and for all the efforts and contributions to making the BA forum a truly welcoming, unique, safe, engaging and positive space online - especially in a time (and space) where there can be so much toxicity. 

I wish the awesome, active and diligently working Jolemai all the best of luck with the forum, and I will continue trying to contribute where and when I can.  

Thank you everyone! 

Much respect. 

Morticon / Brindley. 

Brin.jpg

Thank you for your service! As I'm only slowly working on my Lamenters, I'm not around all the time here on the BA forum, but I respect and appreciate everything you've done here.

It's great to hear you'll still be around, it will be a blast to talk with you about different tactics and all once we get 10E in our hands.

Oh wow Morticon, I thought you were leaving the hobby and I was prepared for the worst (obviously not the worst thing to happen but would be a shock seeing you "leave").

Fair play to you for stepping down, it takes commitment to do these sorts of things on a voluntary basis and thank you for what you've done in your time as part of the B&C staff.

Also, I absolutely love the grin in that photo, you look so incredibly happy

Edited by Hfran Morkai
Typo and a bit of context

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to see you go Mort, however your reasoning is sound - one less thing to be stressed about, not giving enough back. Heck, you've done enough for the site over the years - I look forward to seeing what you're up to next. Some recuperation in the ol' sarcophagus before another tourney?