BOLTGUN

BLOODSAINT

Bought it yesterday as soon as I seen it was released. Great fun, though I'm out of practice on mobility shooters. Haven't had that much time to play, but currenty stuck on the...third purge zone where the greater plague toads spawn? Fun game, but it could do with actually going over the controls in a tutorial. I just learned you can rev the chainsword, and I have no idea why time slows down if you hold L2. 

6 hours ago, Xenith said:

Bought it yesterday as soon as I seen it was released. Great fun, though I'm out of practice on mobility shooters. Haven't had that much time to play, but currenty stuck on the...third purge zone where the greater plague toads spawn? Fun game, but it could do with actually going over the controls in a tutorial. I just learned you can rev the chainsword, and I have no idea why time slows down if you hold L2. 

Yeah I discovered that on accident last night.  Save ammo by slicing through those chaos marines!  VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMM VRRRRRMMM!

6 hours ago, Xenith said:

I have no idea why time slows down if you hold L2

That's because you can then lock onto an enemy (red band around them) and the Marine will charge with the chainsword at them, slicing into them when he arrives. It's actually very good for a tactical breather and as a mobility tool.

Think im 5-6 levels in now. Level select shows theres 3 chapters so supposedly im not even a third in yet.

It feels very generous on how much ammo it gives you, even on the highest difficulty which is very nice as you can mow down most things with your favorite weapon. 

Loving my time with it and hoping it will be a hit with modders because I can see the game having a very very long lifespan if so.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

So I decided to just have fun and play on the lowest difficulty. I just beat the Lord of Change last night, and am having a great time. I don't know if I'm going to commit to finishing the game on all 4 difficulties, but I'll probably replay to get all the Secrets.

On 5/24/2023 at 6:13 PM, Grotsmasha said:

So I decided to just have fun and play on the lowest difficulty. I just beat the Lord of Change last night, and am having a great time. I don't know if I'm going to commit to finishing the game on all 4 difficulties, but I'll probably replay to get all the Secrets.

I'm a masochist so I chose the Hard difficulty.  Some of those secrets are really hidden. I've kinda given up on getting them all for now. 

Was thinking of getting this on Xbox Series S. I don't play FPS at all anymore (I think Rainbox Six Vegas on the 360 was the last I played...) So will definitely be putting it into easy mode!

I've been known to get a bit of motion sickness with FPS'. Anyone found that a particular issue with this game?

Also: anyone played with an Xbox controller? Is the control scheme decent?

3 minutes ago, Burni said:

Was thinking of getting this on Xbox Series S. I don't play FPS at all anymore (I think Rainbox Six Vegas on the 360 was the last I played...) So will definitely be putting it into easy mode!

I've been known to get a bit of motion sickness with FPS'. Anyone found that a particular issue with this game?

Also: anyone played with an Xbox controller? Is the control scheme decent?

Playing on controller on Xbox One, plays just fine :thumbsup: