10th Edition T'au

Tawnis

So, I figured I'd start this off when I realized that there was a cool little thing you could do with the new T'au rules and thought it would be a good time to start talking about these as more rules slowly come out. So what I noticed is this: going by RAW you can potentially have your Kroot Hounds spot for your army. Now it does say you have to use this "when you select this unit to shoot" so this might not be possible if the unit has no ranged weapons, but depending on how this is defined, you could just select them and have nothing to shoot with. 

Personally I think this a really neat, having your dogs find and flush out the targets to make them easier to hit with your guns. 

15 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Points of drones will be make or break it for me, having them reduced to wargear tokens from having wounds and a save, is a massive change:yes:

Leaves riptides in a weird place potentially:ermm:

Did the Recon Drone provide Infiltrate before?

If not, I see that as a slight buff to it, since it still grants the brrrt gun, just not a wound sponge.

On 5/24/2023 at 10:09 AM, Emperor Ming said:

Points of drones will be make or break it for me, having them reduced to wargear tokens from having wounds and a save, is a massive change:yes:

Leaves riptides in a weird place potentially:ermm:

Yeah, I'm curious what way that's going to swing a lot of +/- to it. On one hand, shield drones giving a wound doesn't seem like much in comparison to 9th, but I think they will be useful, just less so and in a different way, putting your Stealthsuits up from 2W to 3W is a solid buff in survivability. Also, things like gun drones seem WAY more viable now. Since they are wargear, you get to keep using them until most of the squad is dead. The Guardian drone looks really good now too. Also, the biggest pain of drones with infantry is gone, they don't bump you into the next blast bracket anymore. All this is, of course, dependent on how these are all costed.

On 5/24/2023 at 10:25 AM, Indy Techwisp said:

Did the Recon Drone provide Infiltrate before?

If not, I see that as a slight buff to it, since it still grants the brrrt gun, just not a wound sponge.

No, the recon drone lets you ignore cover. Still, that being protected by a squad seems like a big increase in firepower. 

15 hours ago, Madao said:

If all drones are just tokens, then I wonder how Sniper drones will work

Yeah, that's a good point. I wonder if a few specific units, the ones where drones were the whole point, will still have models, like the Firesight Marksman or the straight up Gun Drone Squads.