Faction Focus: Thousand Sons - Faction Rules Discussion

Xenith

Weaver of Fates doesn't sound very good at first glance. It's cheap, but is it a good use of cabal points?

I'm not sold on the Echoes of the Warp for the free strat yet, but it could be really good if the detachment has a strat you want to double up on. The Cult of Magic may not have that, we'll have to see, but it could come back up once the Codex comes out and there's more detachments.

The other three all are looking pretty good in the right circumstances. I think the Mutalith extending the range of these powers is quite nice, as it can make things a lot less predictable.

The cabal of sorcerers rules look fun and fluffy, though I'm curious how impactful it's actually going to be in play, especially in the later turns. Going from fistfuls of MWs per psychic phase to an average of 5 (doombolt) will hurt, though the rest of them look pretty useful. 

As of right now, I'm not impressed with Kindred Sorcery. Not because there's anything wrong with the rule unto itself, but unless the other psyker units have a boatload more psychic shooting than the ones previewed, there won't be enough psychic attacks to make the rule worthwhile. Ahriman has always had the potential to be a mind-bullet hose, and even he's been reduced to a single lackluster psychic shot!

Edited by Paladin777

Yea, other forces like Eldar keep the same number of bonus things like fate or power from pain tokens throughout the game, regardless of how many losses they suffer, while we will have diminishing returns over the course of the game. I think as soon as you drop below 9 CaP for twist of fate, your ability to maintain momentum and deal damage will be crippled. Maxing out sorcerers seems to be the best way to get the most from the CaP's and the detachment ability (more cap and more psychic attacks), so TS are looking at MSU builds exclusively to be most effective from what we can see.