Carnosaur93's Lamenters

Go to solution Solved by carnosaur93,

4 hours ago, Smoke Frog said:

I love your style of painting the Lamentors! Your heraldry is fantastic.

I am really impressed by that tiny missile launcher array... are those toothpicks shoved into plastic rods?!

Thank you, glad you like it, always thoguht they'd look good all grittied up, its fun to finally get to make some that way :D

also again thank you, and yep thats exactly it! xD
i soaked superglue into the toothpicks and sanded them though to get rid of the woody texture

• 2 weeks later...

Brother Bucciarati
Now entombed within a redemptor dreadnought after falling in battle. A hulking walking shrine to determination in the face of death, for even in death he still serves.

DLOiv1v.jpg

4Rr6Xp9.jpg

3EnRi57.jpg

WfmJ5Zi.jpg

sh69Vjf.jpg

pXKCwfa.jpg

TgFUTHx.jpg

RvvEP8S.jpg

pAz8gFf.jpg

qCKjf73.jpg

1lotoHu.jpg

JOKQEkl.jpg

He's finally fully finished! boy did it take a while to get there, a lot of things went wrong along the way of painting this guy, i guess fitting for a Lamenter with a weird streak of bad luck.
but at any rate, i just kept fixing it as i went, as i mentioned earlier in the thread the yellow is probably around, if not a little past 20 thin coats, because i had to go back over and fix things so many many times. that sort of thing
But in the end, iam very happy with how he turned out!

Edited by carnosaur93

Wow , it's like the Mona Lisa of dreadnoughts :thumbsup: ,

Well done on the rescue of the yellow (I feel ya on painting yellow) I guess now the next yellow model you paint will be a breeze with the knowledge gained from this.

,I've been watching this journey and I gotta say the final product is awesome!!  makes me want to go home and paint some yellow... :eek: ...what the !?!... :laugh:... 

Cheers, M

Wow, thank you everyone, thats some very nice and kind words, iam glad ya'all like the redemptor!

so in the wake of this boy iam already working on another dreadnought... remember this shoop i brewed up and showed earlier?

LQkWnOu.jpg

well, my leviathan preorder showed up today (kudos to the hobby store here in denmark; Hobbycave, that made it show up on the release day) and after drooling over the sprues for a bit i got right to work.
Its not much to show right now, but its coming along fast, with the most labor intensive change 90% done (i'll probably do one last round of detailing on these, the area behind the knees look a little bare in particular)

4Al0Yxp.jpg

TmWYhNS.jpg

Edited by carnosaur93

quick update on the Shootyboi
needs goop and texturing on the base, and i'll probably do a little more bling-detailing here and there (a couple more purity seals, maybe some of those littl relic-boxes, that sort of thing. gunna be less decorated than the Redemptor)

a9WlMt0.jpg

cLCAIiP.jpg

Fi5dlGs.jpg

sFqTaYw.jpg

bSBKHFH.jpg

KQscQyZ.jpg

LME7hXj.jpg

YWiuWn0.jpg