Post your Looted Wagons

Magos Takatus

Hi, I'm posting this because a recent thread about the looted tank in the Speed Freeks PC game made me want to see everyone else's Orky ingenuity in here. I suppose I should get the ball rolling:

image.thumb.jpeg.b34b605b86bf74bf5d8c6e46315f53e6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2cdf6ac1913c60280c6fab10ae2f245f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f83fd9d2352ccdb50287eb949b0f9c95.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cb15081955fd447ae2ada8a88330898a.jpeg

These are by no means new photos and I have posted them before but more of my Orky vehicles are built fairly uniformly. I tried to give  this a more dragster-like profile because I was inspired by the old Mekboy Speedstas. Please, do me a favour and post your own looted wagons and customized vehicles.

Awesome Idea  Magos! :thumbsup: and awesome conversion ,it really looks looted !! 

"Place Holder"...

My looted Vehicle is half done, perhaps i should finish it now and post it :tongue:  Mine was actually inspired by the Leman Russ that was posted in the previous thread (back when i saw it I was blown away by it's sheer simplicity and decided then and there to copy it :laugh:

M. 

Nice work! A compact number, very fast, one previous reckless owner. :laugh: That's what I like about Ork looted vehicles, I'd never have expected to see a Venom used as a basis but it's a really fun idea!

Edit: perhaps I should treat myself to a looted vehicle project once my Aeldari Escalation League project is over. After such prim and proper neat painting getting down to some more rugged modelling and painting would be most welcome. I'm not sure what vehicle to use to start with though, I've got my Eye on the Genstealer Cult Goliath truck or the Taurox. Both look like fun candidates. Any other recommendations?

Edited by Magos Takatus

@Magos Takatus - I know Funds would be an ask ... How about the new Votann Vehicle -  The Hekaton Land Fortress !! :laugh:   Grot's could be the drivers... it's a small Drivers Compartment... 

That looted venom is pretty unique and Cool :cool:+:thumbsup:

Cheers, M 

14 minutes ago, Mumeishi said:

@Magos Takatus - I know Funds would be an ask ... How about the new Votann Vehicle -  The Hekaton Land Fortress !! :laugh:   Grot's could be the drivers... it's a small Drivers Compartment... 

That looted venom is pretty unique and Cool :cool:+:thumbsup:

Cheers, M 

I was considering that or the smaller vehicle, but the crew cmopartments with the bubble canopies are a bit of a faff, though the large lumpy hull with lots of weapons seemingly bolted on top haphazardly does seem very Orky. I could really do with a size comparison of those miniatures. They also produced all the Primaris hover tanks since the last time I considered a new looted tank, so that's another thing. I imagine the Dunerider would make a good trukk with some effort but I imagine every time I buy one of those I'd want to just add it to my Admech army instead. :laugh:

Man... Now I want to finish work, Go home and start on my looted Vehicle :laugh:....  Must add "Posting on/reading posts" On this board is great for inspiration and lighting the fire of Getting something done :thumbsup:

Note* - The Dunerider would be epic as a looted vehicle !! 

15 hours ago, Magos Takatus said:

Nice work! A compact number, very fast, one previous reckless owner. :laugh: That's what I like about Ork looted vehicles, I'd never have expected to see a Venom used as a basis but it's a really fun idea!

Edit: perhaps I should treat myself to a looted vehicle project once my Aeldari Escalation League project is over. After such prim and proper neat painting getting down to some more rugged modelling and painting would be most welcome. I'm not sure what vehicle to use to start with though, I've got my Eye on the Genstealer Cult Goliath truck or the Taurox. Both look like fun candidates. Any other recommendations?

Taurox and Goliath both seem a bit normal, you like these more out there projects,  i think the new votann land fortress or the necromunda land train might be better options.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/necromunda-cargo-8-ridgehauler-2022

14 hours ago, Magos Takatus said:

I was considering that or the smaller vehicle, but the crew cmopartments with the bubble canopies are a bit of a faff, though the large lumpy hull with lots of weapons seemingly bolted on top haphazardly does seem very Orky. I could really do with a size comparison of those miniatures. They also produced all the Primaris hover tanks since the last time I considered a new looted tank, so that's another thing. I imagine the Dunerider would make a good trukk with some effort but I imagine every time I buy one of those I'd want to just add it to my Admech army instead. :laugh:

Take the canopy off the driver’s compartment 

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

Good call! I'd forgotten about the Ridgehauler. I'd like to see what parts are left over when somebody builds the Kytan Daemon Engine. https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Kytan-Daemon-Engine-of-Khorne  Those tracks from the Lord of Skulls look brutal.

Nice work to everyone who has posted their work so far. I love Dark Legeonnaire's  Looted Rhino models. They look really intimidating. Brother Casman's Devilfish Trukk looks great too.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, that is beautiful. I guess from the shape it used to be a Night Scythe? That's got some real detail put into it. Is that spiky silver thing the weapon from a Tech Priest Manipulus? 

I recently converted two new "trukks" to join my WAAAGH!!! One is a looted rhino and the other is a squig-drawn wagon. I plan on adding a roof to the wagon to be a "covered" wagon, but the idea is it is a trukk for beast snaggas. I've got two standard trukks, so I've still got room for two more looted ones!

large.IMG_20230711_161623481(2).jpg.aab3cce65e796fb39f66167b78ffbbf2.jpglarge.IMG_20230627_200511865(2).jpg.8727b62f97f98e104fd1a97d64d7812c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some cracking lootin' going on in here :)

My most recent looting is a carnifex, bunch of ad mech bots [dread] and a sentinel as per below. My fave is my looted Ironclad - Da Flying Forktress, Badrukk's Personal wagon for him and his Flash Gitz

I've looted a goliath, a rhino and a dunerider for trukks - the former two are paint in progress.

The landspeeder I'd looted as a shokkjump dragsta - paint in progress.

Ridgerunner - boomdakka snazzwagon

Impulsor - not pictured - Squigbuggy

Needless to say, I love Death Skulls!

lootedgoliath.thumb.jpg.4e43a08072836e7b241f2261eb9acaa2.jpglootedfex1.thumb.jpg.ef86527f1a7f63c7d173a8e78cbdc3aa.jpglooteddunecrawler3.thumb.jpg.e6db7eb2853e83ed89187c28e51e0627.jpglooteddunecrawler1.thumb.jpg.026ebe8ec4b5d365c6d75a4258638e09.jpglootedbuggyboomda.jpg.2140a96b4df82a405d53476473d40b07.jpglootedadmechbotsdread1.thumb.jpg.51acad62c1695bf2e0b3d48d0f540239.jpg

lootedsentinel2.thumb.jpg.b06bffbc9c5ddf56fb97f16689844ab6.jpglootedsentinel1.thumb.jpg.48df993afdd648b623e221af558d6eff.jpglootedrhino3.thumb.jpg.cb2cf882da5169522fc2ecc9ddd1d73d.jpglootedrhino2.thumb.jpg.6c510f61e60556c641c80caba21212d6.jpglootedrhino1.thumb.jpg.abdfdc0dbf43400bef24bc2005ed8de7.jpglootedlandspeeder.jpg.c7814eaaefe8544421fd159dbfb66ca3.jpglootedlandspeeder2.jpg.4b43a1c36deee5c8c4bf294f999415f3.jpg

Da Flying Forktress :)

fgbw5.thumb.jpg.6c0a0dca86be38cd244ba84e602ea455.jpgfgbw4.thumb.jpg.d58af2bf21c8d60905726ecab9c5f5f8.jpgfgbw1.thumb.jpg.58ba844784a42afb5dd7986104763010.jpgfgbw6.thumb.jpg.587c198584f167522753f75c030f3b8d.jpgDa Fl

• 3 weeks later...

Shared this thread with my non-B&C ork playing friend, and he loved all your conversions (as do I).  Thought I would share some photos of the battlewagon I built for him a while back out of a toy combine I got at a garage sale for that purpose.

3rxuHEO.jpg

5N4Uwp3.jpg

jjCpA7j.jpg

On 8/20/2023 at 12:31 PM, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Shared this thread with my non-B&C ork playing friend, and he loved all your conversions (as do I).  Thought I would share some photos of the battlewagon I built for him a while back out of a toy combine I got at a garage sale for that purpose.

3rxuHEO.jpg

5N4Uwp3.jpg

jjCpA7j.jpg

Snake Bite Squig farmers from the Boondocks strike again !!! :laugh:

M. 

all great models here! 

• 4 weeks later...