Deep Strike and Reserves in 10e

Valerian

One very interesting thing that I noticed is that there is a difference between Strategic Reserves and Reserves.

Strategic Reserves has a limit of up to 25% of your army (so 500 points for a Strike Force game), and doesn’t require any specific keyword.

Any unit with Deep Strike, however, can go into Reserves, and that would be the majority of a Grey Knights army.

Furthermore, Strategic Reserves cannot be deployed until the 2nd Battle Round. Meanwhile, units in Reserves with Deep Strike can be deployed at the end of your Movement phase in the 1st Battle Round.

Huge implications there.

This is even more "Grey Knights are the master of mobility" kind of thing... you could easily make an entire GK force that is in DS Reserve and doesn't arrive until the end of turn 1 (so, basically, a null deploy), which is definitely thematic/fluffy, but might end up being a bit unfair to the opposing player (i.e. if they go first, they basically waste an entire turn of shooting/charging, since all they can do is move). On the other hand, this may be a great way for Grey Knights to pick of the "Way of the Water Warrior" mantle that has been a thing for them for about 6-7 editions now, so I am excited about that possibility.