Rumour Engine - 30th May 2023

We have a staff or something like that this time. Really getting some Necron vibes myself. Reminds me a lot of the caps on like Imotekh's miniature, but could be some random AoS stuff for all I know in the end.

IIhDnheezEcQ54gB.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

The styling and shapes are far closer to these arrows or javelins from a more recent rumour engine

2023-03-14.jpg

Thanks to Warboss Kurgan :)

Taken together they look aeldari imo, so the rumour of exodites could well be true

interesting.. this one goes with this;

2023-03-14.jpg

Wich makes necron less likely, but that new backside thing really doesnt look AoS imho.

Kill team xenos one off team ? ( a return of that big eel creature from rogue trader ?)

edit: Ninja'ed

Edited by TheMawr

Really not sure about this one. The markings on the shaft are throwing me off, it also looks like it's meant to be wood. Maybe it could be for a weird boy or something Snakebite/Beast Snagga since the damaged metal work gives me an Ork vibe.

Those aren't Eldar runes, and the level of detail in the painting of the designs on the shaft indicates small release as opposed to an army. Seems more like Warcry to me. 

(or underworlds)

12 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I could see them being paired, but those which we'll just call arrows, have very rounded details vs the sharp, hard details on this rumour engine.

I think its just that the arrows are a smaller component than the "staff" .. Im actually starting to get necromunda vibes when I keep looking at them both together.. but no clue what it could be for necromunda either.

4 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

I think its just that the arrows are a smaller component than the "staff" .. Im actually starting to get necromunda vibes when I keep looking at them both together.. but no clue what it could be for necromunda either.

I got nothing, either Sigmar or 40k with how it looks. I guess it's something new?

image.png

Leaning pretty hard against this being anything Warhammer 40,000-related, as the aesthetic doesn't match up with any of the current factions. At a push I'd lean on Aeldari, however the engraved symbols don't correlate with anything we've ever see across the board there (that includes Exodites).

Leaning more on this one being for Age of Sigmar.

Just now, Joe said:

Bit more digging; a Twitter user has IDed the symbols as Kroot.

It's about time.

They'll reuse symbols between armies sometimes, but that's symbol is also on their bow weapon, which raises more an eyebrow than pure coincidence. So we know they have ranged, arrow-based weapons.

The aesthetic certainly fits with the kroot from Kill Team. These look like javelins, but they could be ammunition for a ballista of some kind? Maybe if we see a new krootox it'll pack a bow weapon like ones in the farstalker kit.

On 5/30/2023 at 9:33 AM, Joe said:

image.png

Leaning pretty hard against this being anything Warhammer 40,000-related, as the aesthetic doesn't match up with any of the current factions. At a push I'd lean on Aeldari, however the engraved symbols don't correlate with anything we've ever see across the board there (that includes Exodites).

Leaning more on this one being for Age of Sigmar.

I'd be surprised if these images are the same bit like this. Could be related, but the markings on the shaft don't appear to match.