=] EVENT: A Call to Arms/A Bug's Life 2023 Painting Challenge [=

Xenith

Announcement.png

@Grotsmasha has officially unveiled the Call to Arms 2023, a site-wide painting challenge running from July 1st to Sept 30th 2023. The call splts the site into 3 factions, Imperium, Chaos and Xenos, who will battle it out to get the most points* worth of models painted.

This year, we're running the 'A Bug's Life' painting Challenge as part and parcel of this event, in order to make sure we aren't running two events around the same time, and to give our all to both.

Please visit the main Call to Arms topic to get a feel for how the event will be run, then come back here. 

In parallel to the main Xenos thread in the WIP section, if you wish to take part in A Bug's Life, please cross post your vows to the dedicated vow thread I'll put up on July 1st, and I'll tot up all the Tyranids entries, vows and completions, and we can declare an overall Tyranids Winner of the event (Best Bug) as well as the usual titles of glory to those competing and completing.

I'd encourage you to share your WIP and completion images in the tyranids section, perhaps via your own painting log topic or blog if you don't already have one. If you want to share on Instagram or Twitter, use the #ABugsLife and #Bolterandchainsword tags, and we'll hope to share your work around!

With the release of Leviathan, this is the time of the Tyranid, loads of people will have fresh reinforcements, and we can go all out and dominate the Xenos section, if not the entire site.

This event is A Call to Arms, and we Tyranids have more arms than anyone else!, lets win this! 

*special event points, not game points

Edited by Xenith

9 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Can we put wip threads/blogs up now(ish) or is it best to wait till closer to the event kick off?

You can absolutely start the blog/topic now, just make sure you don't start painting until the event kicks off and you vow your models - building the stuff might be a great start to the blog! 

Funnily enough as a Dark Angel collector through and through, you'd think I'd be in the Imperium Stronghold, but I'm largely going to be supporting the Xenos Stronghold for the Call. I've got two commissions on the go, a massive Ork Waaagh!!!(~70 models or so) and a 10th Ed. Tyranids (as yet undecided number of models, but it'll equal or outsize the Orks).

6 hours ago, Brother nathan said:

if i can afford to get leviathan ill be in (bad month with car stuff:( )

:sad: Sorry to hear. I presume there will be a lot of the nids stuff being traded away or ebayed, with the marines being more popular, so you might be able to get some at a discount?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mad_djg said:

I’ve been lurking here a fair while now, this tempting me to come out of the shadows.  It’s also tempting to vow the whole Nid side of the box, but I’ll probably break it down.  Just need to come up with a name for my Hive Fleet…..

I know that pain.

16 hours ago, Mad_djg said:

I’ve been lurking here a fair while now, this tempting me to come out of the shadows.  It’s also tempting to vow the whole Nid side of the box, but I’ll probably break it down.  Just need to come up with a name for my Hive Fleet…..

always down to brainstorm if you want help....