Hounds of Morkai

Valerian

As I look at the Hounds of Morkai a bit more today, it occurs to me how much potential this unit has.  Obviously, they’re going to be great against Psyker units, but even ignoring that, every single attack they have is a Precision attack, and have Devastating Wounds, for possible Mortal Wounds.

These guys are straight up Character assassins.  Psykers Leaders in particular are dead on arrival if they get within 12”.

Throw in a Lieutenant in Phobos Armor (Battle Leader), and he’s a Saga of the Warrior Born seeker, right there.  Let some of the Hounds attacks use Precision to soften up an enemy Character hiding in a Bodyguard, then the Battle Leader can finish him/her off.

I don’t even own any of these, but could definitely see investing in some.

I have bits for converting these (some cool 3d printed heads and small hand axes) and they had been on my back burner but tgey might move up now. I was bummed tgey were our reveal but they definitely got better. If tgey are 100 points or less I might include them because I agree they are very interesting now. Certainly worth a few tries on the table top.

The Phobos lieutenant in Leviathan box is a lone operative. We haven't know what exactly phobos lieutenant do(but one of them confirmed could join Morkai unit).

Edited by Tokugawa