Leviathan Pre-Orders + Pre-order Bonuses (10/06)

WarCom Sunday Preview

JqGjcgAXobG49ZuO.jpg

This is the launch box for the new edition of Warhammer 40,000, the biggest Warhammer release in history. The pre-order window will be open for two weeks, and this set will be available strictly while stocks last – but don’t worry, we have made a mind-boggling quantity!

Ahead of what we expect to be quite a busy pre-order period, we are installing a queuing system with a limited quantity available per customer. You’ll be able to pre-order at the following times in your area:

On top of that, there are a variety of pre-order bonuses available, depending on where you get your copy. If you order via the Games Workshop webstore, you’ll receive a set of two double-sided gaming boards with a total playable area of 30” x 44”. Purchase your set from a Warhammer store, you’ll get a set of 36 acrylic tokens, which includes six 40mm round objective markers, 10 battleshock tokens, and 20 wound tokens, in a stylish tin sporting the Leviathan logo.

fkwAWl4OUkRzUjYk.jpgHkzWzlBqbCDCXGcO.jpg

Order from an independent Warhammer stockist and you’ll receive either a set of 28 double-sided deployment zone markers, or a Warhammer 40,000 branded neoprene dice tray featuring artwork of a Terminator helmet lens reflecting a Tyranid face. Speak to your local store to find out more.

l3VRsLPMlJ7csu1Y.jpgnrpfsJcW04wnrx63.jpg

So, uhhhh... yeah, good luck?

Limited Edition of the obligatory tie-in novel also go up next week. 

cvprbUQk8HNyIDco.jpg

jW0j0gvVZggP0XzY.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal

10 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

According to chaos bunker, it will be 150gbp/180eur - they were sent a review copy and break it in down in excellent, very German, fashion. 

200€ not 180, GW has their own conversion rate.

4 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

If it's $200 USD then I will be pleasantly surprised and happy. My store does 15% off so that's an outrageous savings and puts to rest a bit of my worry. 

Should be $250 USD

Edited by Matrindur

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

200€ not 180, GW has their own conversion rate.

Should be $250 USD

Memory is a little fuzzeh, but I believe that's about on par with what dark vengeance was back in the day. That's very encouraging! 

Also must mean they are really about the hike the prices again, and are either trying to pacify us by making the entry cheap or are trying to get as many in to the hobby before the "my emperor, what have I done" realization kicks in.. honestly, it's probably both. Let's be real. 

6 minutes ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

Memory is a little fuzzeh, but I believe that's about on par with what dark vengeance was back in the day. That's very encouraging! 

Also must mean they are really about the hike the prices again, and are either trying to pacify us by making the entry cheap or are trying to get as many in to the hobby before the "my emperor, what have I done" realization kicks in.. honestly, it's probably both. Let's be real. 

Prices won't go up again till March most likely.

42 minutes ago, Sir Clausel said:

Cool extra stuff for the preorders. I have tslked with my group about we are gonna need battleshock counters as i think we are gonna need them alot :p just a shame that you only get them one way.

But its whatever. Just gonna make my own :p

Just use pennies. Lincoln got battle shocked and failed his armor save, so it makes sense :ph34r:

I'd be interested to see how thick those gaming boards are. Some I've got before have been pretty flimsy, others have been substantial. Not that it'll make any difference to me, I'll be using the GW webstore instead of any other - although I would like a set of the counters.

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Did they also do preorder bonuses for independent stockists for 9th? I think it was only from GW directly, if so very nice that this time everyone get something

As far as I remember, they didn't do any pre-order bonuses for independent stores for Indomitus. 

I agree, it's cool to see them supporting them by offering promos regardless of where customers go.

11 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

I'd be interested to see how thick those gaming boards are. Some I've got before have been pretty flimsy, others have been substantial. Not that it'll make any difference to me, I'll be using the GW webstore instead of any other - although I would like a set of the counters.

If its the same thickness as moon base klaisus, its thin, like really thin, and you should be careful when you're unfolding it.

29 minutes ago, OpossumStrong said:

If its the same thickness as moon base klaisus, its thin, like really thin, and you should be careful when you're unfolding it.

Look like kill team boards which are plenty sturdy imo.

The game boards in Kill Team and Warcry have all been decent, presumably these are like that. 

Good to see them offering bonuses regardless of which means you use to order, although the cynic in me says they dreamed this up to see how many people they could bait into buying multiple copies from multiple sources in order to get all the items.

26 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Look like kill team boards which are plenty sturdy imo.

I skipped the new one, I've already got several mats and boards, but from the preview it does look a bit different, because old boards were kinda wonky, and you could easy rip some parts accidentally.

IMG_20230604_233058.jpg

IMG_20230604_233121.jpg

Edited by OpossumStrong

1 hour ago, RWJP said:

As far as I remember, they didn't do any pre-order bonuses for independent stores for Indomitus. 

Yeah they gave you free coin with necron\ultramarines symbol if you order online from GW, and they run out of them as well pretty quick, quicker than indomitus box :laugh:

Edited by OpossumStrong

I do wonder though how many copies Independent stores will get.... although those press out markers look real cheap & flimsy... with 3D printing nowadays a person could whip up some resin ones that'd last a lifetime and be decidedly heavier.... But they are just little cheap Gimmicks to get you to feel like your scooping a deal with the box set :wink: and as others said... OOH I'll order one copy from online then get one from my Local GW then cause it's such a Bargain* I'll go get one from my FLGS .... 

So Glad I don't play either Marines or Nids....  This could be a stressful purchase for some  who really really want this set...

M.

* Only a Bargain Compared to retail cost of models sold separately.