Leviathan Pre-Orders + Pre-order Bonuses (10/06)

1 hour ago, Shed Some Skin said:

In fairness, they asked for over 3,000 copies.

That was missing from the e-mail that they sent out. :facepalm: As you say, 3,000 boxes is probably enough Gaunts to take a small continent :tongue: 

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

They absolutely do have form for crap like that,<snip>

Fair enough - I took what they were saying in their email on trust (I've used them a couple of times in the past and hadn't had any problems with them, but I also tend not to pre-order things) :blush: Reading through the Reddit thread, there seems to be some variable experiences - some got less than they asked for, and some got tonnes (assuming everything is true, etc).

Hopefully it'll all work out and those who want a copy can get one :biggrin:

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

1 hour ago, SpaceDwalin said:

I'd imagine, if GW did indeed make enough this time, then in the days ahead the scalpers will be cancelling thier pre-orders and so even more will be available again from websites and flgs.

Depends. If they hang on to them they will still sell them easily for a profit later down the road.

There will become a point where it's definitely going to be sold out for good from retail  and will still be best value box set going even at £200 or something.

Edited by Eptesicus

Just checked on GW site direct, no queue and box is still available for sale. Got lucky to secure a discount box early this morning when it all went live as I'd got a lot of store pages open to see what I could work with. 

Going to be great if everyone that wants one manages to secure a copy. GL everyone and happy gaming in a few week's time! 

What amazes me is that even with the generally good stock on the GW site, eBay still shows people paying scalpers.

Several boxes in the UK have sold for £180+

One person apparently paid £110 for JUST the Tyranid half... I only paid about £14 more to get the whole box from an FLGS!

And that is one of the reasons why scalping will remain an issue, no matter what GW do!

2 minutes ago, RWJP said:

What amazes me is that even with the generally good stock on the GW site, eBay still shows people paying scalpers.

Several boxes in the UK have sold for £180+

One person apparently paid £110 for JUST the Tyranid half... I only paid about £14 more to get the whole box from an FLGS!

And that is one of the reasons why scalping will remain an issue, no matter what GW do!

Don't take them as real sales. They'll buy from each other to get their reliability ratings and product sold ratings up but they don't actually send anything and just hand each other back the money. 

1 hour ago, DemonGSides said:

Don't take them as real sales. They'll buy from each other to get their reliability ratings and product sold ratings up but they don't actually send anything and just hand each other back the money. 

Surely not, eBay takes a fee from every sale so if they're doing that a lot they'll be paying a small fortune in fees!

Edited by frankendoodle65
Fixing typo

50 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

I'm not convinced that's the case because eBay's fees can be pretty hefty. They would be losing money every time!

Paid my Darksphere invoice - then paniced and double checked on their site the order had updated and I hadnt just paid a random scammer - all good :)

20% discount too.

They have Leviathan up generally to buy/preorder on their site now but only 10% discount on this option/£135

Does anyone know which preorder bonus DS are getting/giving? I've scanned though a few places and either completely missed it or it isnt there.

Do I need this? No. Should I buy this? Probably not. Am I going to? Yes.

Any indication on when the new terminators or sternguard are going to be released as standalone kits? I assume they’ll come whenever the new units that will be revealed after the campaign are released.  

3 minutes ago, Daylight said:

Do I need this? No. Should I buy this? Probably not. Am I going to? Yes.

Any indication on when the new terminators or sternguard are going to be released as standalone kits? I assume they’ll come whenever the new units that will be revealed after the campaign are released.  

September/ October would be the guess. WarCom says autumn for the codexes of nids and marines with invariable waves of multipart equivalents from the leviathan set plus whatever else is forthcoming.

Edited by 01RTB01

I'm probably wrong, but the Sternguard sprue looks too big to be released as a stand alone kit as it is. 

It looks A4 sized, which is tank and monster boxes, rather than A5 sized for the squad boxes.  A bit like the phobos combat patrol sprue - the Suppressors have still not seen the light of day and the phobos units are all unique sculpts. 

Sternguard will certainly get a release, but I think this Sternguard will only be available in this release, a starter set release and/or new combat patrol.

Ditto the Screamer Killer and MindTyrant who also seem to share a sprue. 

Edit - i've just spotted the apothecary and lieutenant on there, so it definitely won't be released as a standalone kit.

Edited by Valkyrion

3 hours ago, Doghouse said:

I didn't order Leviathan because I don't think I'd use most of it but I did manage to get 25 terminators for £25 a unit so I'm happy. I know the multipart will have better options and maybe posing but I'm looking forward to converting these and playing around with them for maybe Heresy or something.

That's pretty good. I'm keeping an eye on a couple of different squads I might want doubles of but I don't want to commit until I've actually seen the sprues and how easy any kit bashing I want to do will be but so far the prices aren't bad.

1 hour ago, lhg033 said:

Paid my Darksphere invoice - then paniced and double checked on their site the order had updated and I hadnt just paid a random scammer - all good :)

20% discount too.

They have Leviathan up generally to buy/preorder on their site now but only 10% discount on this option/£135

Does anyone know which preorder bonus DS are getting/giving? I've scanned though a few places and either completely missed it or it isnt there.

I haven't seen anything specifically related to Leviathan but for previous instances where anything came with extras, those bonuses were reserved for customers who pick up their items at the Darksphere store, as there are never enough to go around. IMO I'm expecting not to get a preorder freebie with mine, and if I do get something then that's a bonus.

Edited by Halandaar

1 hour ago, Valkyrion said:

I'm probably wrong, but the Sternguard sprue looks too big to be released as a stand alone kit as it is. 

It looks A4 sized, which is tank and monster boxes, rather than A5 sized for the squad boxes.  A bit like the phobos combat patrol sprue - the Suppressors have still not seen the light of day and the phobos units are all unique sculpts. 

Sternguard will certainly get a release, but I think this Sternguard will only be available in this release, a starter set release and/or new combat patrol.

Edit - i've just spotted the apothecary and lieutenant on there, so it definitely won't be released as a standalone kit.

Yeah, at the moment, the only two kits I think they could get away with releasing separately would be the termagaunts and infernus...but I'm betting on multipart kits all around.

1 hour ago, Valkyrion said:

7 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Yeah, at the moment, the only two kits I think they could get away with releasing separately would be the termagaunts and infernus...but I'm betting on multipart kits all around.

Just to remind you that even though Bladeguard and Eradicators got standalone multipart kits, GW is merrily selling the big Bladeguard-Ancient-Chaplain-Judiciar-Eradicators sprue from Indomitus to this day (and it remains the only place you can buy a Bladeguard Ancient and Judiciar), so there's every chance this sprue will continue to be available by some means afterwards, even if Sternguard do get a multipart kit as well.

Over an hour for me too. I've been hoping that it was calculated based on everyone taking the full 10min to check out and the time will start going down after a few rounds of check out but I dunno. It's been 20 min so far. Maybe "more than an hour" meant 8 hours initially and now it's down to only 1 hr 1 min? Glad to hear it's still not sold out elsewhere though. That bodes well at least.

2 hours ago, lhg033 said:

20% discount too.

As someone who didn't get one via pre-register, was left to scramble to secure one elsewhere, what gives? If they don't have enough stock to reserve me one via register of interests (I know I was on the naughty list, but still), but they have enough online stock to then sell a wave at +£15, what? I'm a little put off for now, might shop elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Just to remind you that even though Bladeguard and Eradicators got standalone multipart kits, GW is merrily selling the big Bladeguard-Ancient-Chaplain-Judiciar-Eradicators sprue from Indomitus to this day (and it remains the only place you can buy a Bladeguard Ancient and Judiciar), so there's every chance this sprue will continue to be available by some means afterwards, even if Sternguard do get a multipart kit as well.

Oh I know, I was saying that I don't think GW will pull an Outrider/Necron Warrior stunt and just put the infernus/Termagants sprues straight into a box. At least not without an upgrade sprue of some description as for the gaunts, they're missing weapon options.